3G armband for running - recommendation?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by badgerman, Mar 19, 2009.

1. badgerman macrumors 6502a

What armbands are you guys using now?

Any thoughts on the Belkin, PDO, Suitmate etc?

I know its been asked before, but just wondered what peoples views are of these in 2k9

Cheers

2. Hyuga macrumors regular

I heard there is new armband coming from belkin what should fix some problems what previous versions had. However, its internet what says so, so I don't believe it untill I have at my hand..

EDIT: Checked, there is something coming at stock on 4.4.2009 (At finland that is)

3. badgerman thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheers will wait to see how it looks

4. topcash macrumors member

5. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

Hmm running with touch/ipod on arm...can't that be harmful? I was thinking about getting a shuffle for workouts. Can the shuffle be used in the sauna and steamroom?

6. badgerman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Any updated reviews on this?

7. kindablue09 macrumors regular

kindablue09

Harmful for the body? no. Just don't wear it too tight :)

8. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

No..I meant the device. Sweat could damage it. BTW, I bought the shuffle to use while working out. I also use it in the sauna and steam room. So far so good. It would be great if it was water proof.

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Yah, I wouldn't recommend running or even exercising with your iPhone... The moisture sensors are so sensitive.

10. surfer99 macrumors 6502

But wouldnt this case prevent any moisture from coming into contact with the iPhone?

11. surfer99 macrumors 6502

12. Sdallnct macrumors newbie

Any suggestions for an armband that hold the iphone while still in its case? I use the form fitting Contour case and would prefer not to take it out every time I worked out.

I kind of figured there would be more interest in working out with the iphone now that it does bluetooth stereo with no adapters (I have been using the Jaybirds for nearly a year).

Thanks!

13. jennie1984 macrumors newbie

I have been running with the Armpocket SPORT 20 for the iPhone for a while now. I love it! Finally an armband that can hold more than just the iPhone, and which is water (sweat) resistant. I used it in the Seattle Rock N Roll Marathon (they were at the expo) - and it held my gels, keys, phone and all. It didn't slip. Really! Here is their website: www.armpocket.com so you can check it out for yourself. I highly recommend it - it's very soft and comfortable.

14. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

I picked one of these up and should have it this week! In the mean time, I have been using the Rockfish one sold at Best Buy and it too is pretty good. But I want one where I don't have to remove the case. I hear the ArmPocket will allow this. Fingers crossed!

15. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

I got my ArmPocket 20 in today. I will give it a go tonight and see how it works out.

16. vahighland macrumors member

So...how did the ArmPocket 20 work out for you? Did the Speck Candyshell fit in the pocket?

17. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Not sure if it was mentioned but I got the Incase armband and love it.

18. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I've had the armpocket 20 for a few weeks now. Just started using a Candyshell (was Incipio Feather before) and it does fit inside the armpocket. I'll take it for a run tomorrow, but I don't expect any issues with it.

19. badgerman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I went for the iPod touch incase armband. Used it for a few months with my 3gs. It's great. Snug fit.

20. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

I use a DLO jogging case. Excellent quality. My favorite one so far, and I've gone through quite a few.

21. vahighland macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. I'm still doing some research but this keeps armpocket 20 on the list.

22. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

+1

23. converge macrumors member

I'm happy with the TuneBand armband. It's pretty basic and no-frills but gets the job done (doesn't work with cases).

24. firedogut macrumors regular

25. firedogut macrumors regular

after looking at many arm bands and feeling them i have said screw the arm band.

i got a http://www.spibelt.com/. i love it be by runners for runners