3G AT&T plan vs. Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jqc, Jul 2, 2008.

1. jqc macrumors regular

Admittedly i didnt have the time read through all 800+ posts on the subject, but i dont get why so many people are complaining?

1. 3G iphone doesnt seem any more expensive than other ATT smartphone plans.

2. a quick check of Verizon's website indicates the cheapest voice/data smart phone plan starts at $80 ($10 more than iphone) and the cheapest voice/date + unlimited txt for blackberry is $100 (again, $10 more than iphone + unlimited txt).

so what are people complaining about? we got a great deal with 1G iphone rate plans, and the new plans, while more expensive, give us faster 3G, and arent anymore expensive than existing ATT 3G plans, and cheaper than verizon.

??

2. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

Exactly!
    People will just complain about anything and everything.
    Even if the data package was $10..people would still complain.

3. animenick65 macrumors 6502

AT&T's data plans are pretty reasonable compared to the rest of the carriers. The only thing that bugs me are the text messaging plans. They charge $5 for 200, $15 for 1000 and $20 for unlimited. Seriously, 200 texts for $5? They know people can't stay under 200 so they have to go with the $15 text plan, at $15 why not go to $20 for unlimited while your at it? I believe Verizon's unlimited text plan is $10 which is reasonable.

4. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

i agree, we got pple complaining about the black border around the screen, complaining about the plastic scratchability of the back and which color would show it more, complaining about screws on the bottom, complaining about the box and which store would give you a better box or bag...i mean i think some of the backlash at apple fanboys can be warranted if these are the frivolous things we bitch about.

5. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

txt messaging itself is a scam. all the carriers have increased their pricing on txt messages for a measly 160 character limit message system that barely taxes the network. I'm going to ween myself off of txts and thankfully most of my friends are getting smartphones so i can just move on over to emails and IMs

6. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Thats why I returned my Curve last month to switch to AT&T. On top of my regular voice plan, I paid $45 for data plus $5 for 250 txts. Then, on other lines, I still paid $5 each for text messaging. All total, data and txting cost me $65 per month.

On AT&T, I'll pay $30 for data and $30 for unlimited txting on all lines. $60 total. Net savings for me.

Except, AT&T's reception isn't great here =/

7. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

I agree. I made a very similar post recently. I'm switching from Verizon next week. I will go from a 2 phone plan but only one have unlimited data to a 2 phone with with BOTH having unlimited data...AND save $75 a month in the process.

You mean to tell me I can have 2 of the most advanced cell phones ever created, unlimited data, unlimited text and an phone that fully integrates with my home computing environment AND save $????

Sounds pretty awesome to me! I can't wait!

8. animenick65 macrumors 6502

I'm starting to think I'm going to get one. I'm with Verizon now and will be giving them the big finger and cancelling my contract. I really want a shirt that says I'm cancelling Verizon to get an iPhon and wear it in there.

Anyone else wish they had released it last Friday or today so we had something to show people at 4th parties this weekend?

9. jqc thread starter macrumors regular

glad to know im not the only one thinking like this. where is this $10 unlimited txt at verizon coming from? as in myoriginal post, the unlimited txt is an extra $20 for Blackberry. is that $10 only for regular non-smart phones? i got a feeling that some people who are complaining on price are looking at non-smartphone plans, and thats apples to oranges. besides, i could nevr go back to a regular phone, even if it wasnt an iphone, it owuld be a blackberry or similar, and the monthly plans would be the same or more...