3g back case seems to be loose...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by locomien, Jul 25, 2008.

1. locomien macrumors member

Hey guys, I got my 3g iphone 2 days ago after a 4 hour wait in line at the sacramento apple store, sigh. After much reading about light leaks and whatnot, I checked out everything and everything seems good. I noticed when i have the speaker phone on full volume or playing a song without the headphones plugged in on full volume that there was substantial vibrations coming from the back panel, but didn't think much of it. Today my roomate purchased one and I checked his out, his wasn't like mine!!!! His seems to be solidly built.....i see there are 2 small screws at the bottom of the phone but I dont have a screwdriver that small to try to tighten mine. I have no idea if thats even the problem but do you guys think the apple store will let me exchange my iphone? Its really bugging me.

Also, when i apply some hard pressure to my back panel, it seems to bend a little bit....my roomate's doesn't do that either...

2. newyorksole macrumors 68020

When I squeeze mine or apply pressure I hear something inside moving or a little cracking noise. Oh well, nothing to make me go back and exchange.

3. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Bring it back

It may be annoying to have to wait but you might as well deal with it now as it may get worse as time goes on

4. locomien thread starter macrumors member

ack, so i finally tried to bring it back to the apple store to try for an exchange, the lady wouldn't hear anything about an exchange. After playing with it for a few minutes, she concluded that because I had bass booster on for the eq in the ipod settings that was what was making the back seem to rattle a bit. I tried to explain to her that my roomate has the same phone and the same settings and his back case doesnt rattle at all. she said because its plastic it will differ from phone to phone and that this was "normal"....REALLY??....i call ********. I'm stilled annoyed with it. I hope it falls apart within the 1 yr warranty so I can get another one.

5. glanv macrumors regular

If I were you I would go back to the store with your friend and his phone and show the comparison to a genius. If that doesn't work escalate the issue with Applecare over the telephone.

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Agreed. Try a 2nd person as others here have been told NO by one employee but YES by another.