3G battery life on 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by generationxwing, Jun 18, 2009.

1. generationxwing macrumors 6502

generationxwing

Anyone else noticed improved battery life? Typically by this time of day my battery would be down to about 50%. Today, with no real change in use, I still have about 75% left. I restarted my iPhone a couple of times since I thought the indicator wasn't working. Nope, it's all good.

So fad I am very impressed with 3.0. Anyone else having similar battery experiences on their 3G?

2. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I pretty much seem to have the same battery time, should be less since I've got notifications on for the AP app, allthough I only recived one notification yet though.

3. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Ive got less from Push Notifications and streaming SiriusXM all day!

4. rtripa macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing the same "extra" juice from my battery today. It still has about 75% left, which is really unusual. Normally, by this time of day (midnight) the best I would get was like 25-30%.

And besides the normal use, I also demoed some of the 3.0 new stuff to a friend. 3G, Wifi, GPS, all on (no bluetooth).

OF course, it will require at least a couple more days to be sure, but I must say that I was a bit surprised.

5. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Well, for me, I have noticed an improvement.

Usually, after about 2 hours of usage, I am in the red.

Today, I have 2.5 hours of usage (no iPod usage) and I am at 40%.

6. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

That is truly aweful (the first scenario). Is it all 3G browsing?

7. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Mostly 3G/WIFI Browsing, phone calls, email checks and that is about it.

If I use the iPod, then I can get that usage number a lot higher because it seems the iPod uses far less power than 3G and WIFI data.

But, truth be told, I think my battery has always stunk.

8. rjsmith18 macrumors member

rjsmith18

I feel my battery got worse. I use it about the same and have no push notifications, but it drains fairly fast.

9. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

It's a little hard to judge so far due to the fact that I've been using my phone a little more often for a lot of little things since the update.

10. michael31986 macrumors 68030

11. generationxwing thread starter macrumors 6502

generationxwing

I haven't been. My battery experiences have been absolute crap, and for me it was a software problem (OS 2.2.1, on two different iPhones). I was hoping 3.0 would fix the issue, so I've specifically not been using it any more than usual to see if it did. So far, we're all good.