3G call quality issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by meandmyiphone, Jul 14, 2008.

1. meandmyiphone macrumors newbie

Thi really didn't make sense to me because I assumed data and voice were independent but....

Just upgraded from original iPhone to 3G and I have noticed some selective (location specific) call quality issues which only show up when 3G is turned on. Turning 3G off immediately fixes the problems.

For example, I had a terrible phone reception at a hotel but the day before I had great reception on my old phone. Just for kicks, I turned 3G off and immediately, the phone reception improved. Today, same exact issue at my office different city entirely).

Anyone else encountering this? Any fixes (other than turning off 3G)?

2. mctheriot macrumors regular

mctheriot

Similar experience on my side. Showing very low bars on 3G and getting really bad service - switch off 3G and I get more bars and good reception (about the same bars and quality I got with my V1 iPhone)

I think they need to do a better job of "auto-switching" down to Edge in poor 3G service areas. Like those new verizon commercials on TV - my house has become a Dead Zone!

Mark