3G can't be put into DFU mode because of broken sleep button

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jmchicago, Jun 21, 2010.

1. jmchicago macrumors member

Hi, so I tried to jailbreak my 3G but can't put it in DFU mode because my sleep button is broken! I tried to google ways of putting a 3G into DFU mode without the buttons but I couldn't find anything. Now my phone is stuck on the "connect to itunes" screen!

What can I do??? ANY help would be appreciated, thanks! :(

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Plug it to itunes and then restore it to 3.1.2
    Then use blackrain to JB since it doesnt need the power button to do it.

3. jmchicago thread starter macrumors member

I'm getting an error 1015. A quick search looks like it's to prevent downgrading.. any way around this?

4. No ice please macrumors 6502

5. jmchicago thread starter macrumors member

Last night I downloaded iTunes 9.2 and official iOS4, updated my iphone with it, then used redsn0w to jb but got stuck at the DFU part because my sleep button doesn't work.

Tried restoring back to 3.1.2 as suggested, but getting a 1015 error. Am i screwed??

6. jmchicago thread starter macrumors member

So i tried blackra1n, which got stuck on "resetting iphone", so i unplugged it, and tried to update through itunes which gave me the same 1015 error. I tried blackra1n again, and this time it said iphone was not detected!

So now my phone is not responding at all when i plug it into the usb or outlet.. tried pressing home button and plugging in the usb which used to work.

i don't know what happened, but now my phone really seems to be bricked with no sign of life!! what can i do?

7. gunnarsteinn macrumors newbie

I'm in your exact position. I upgraded my 3G to iOS 4 before I remembered my sleep button was broken.

You'll have to wait until your battery drains out and then connect it again. It should come back to recovery mode or normal boot.
    It happened to me yesterday and I opened it and disconnected the battery with the same effect.

I think we should be able to upgrade using the new version of PwnageTool. I'm going to try that tonight

Gunnar Steinn

8. jmchicago thread starter macrumors member

won't it take days/weeks to drain the battery when it's not on? and how will i know when it's drained? it's showing no sign of life.

i booked an apple genius appointment to see what my options are. as i'm outside of my warranty hopefully they'll give me a good deal on a replacement or something

9. Marmle macrumors newbie

Download ireb just google it you will find it. it will get your phone out of the recovery loop. it has instructions just make sure you follow them closely when you install the driver if you are using something other than XP.

10. Marmle macrumors newbie

also to get phone into dfu mode just make a copy of the ipsw open it with winrar and go \Firmware\all_flash\all_flash.n82ap.production to copy the appl logo img and rename it and replace it with the LLB file. Then go into recovery restore with the ipsw you modified let it restore then the screen will go blank and you will now be in dfu mode