3g can't get into DFU; can't TURN OFF!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by liebowa, Jun 30, 2012.

1. liebowa macrumors newbie

I was resetting an older 3g to give to my neighbor. I went into Settings / Reset and chose Erase All Settings and Content. The phone stayed on the screen for quite some time, then the screen went blank. I pressed the power button, and it started booting up and stuck at the Apple Logo. Now, I can not turn it off.

I can NOT go into DFU because I can not turn it off. I've held the power button for as long as two minutes - nothing it just stays at logo.

I've tried to do the DFU by holding power for 3, then power/home for 10, then just home - nothing.

I've loaded up Redsn0w and followed the instructiosn there - same thing because I can not start with the phone OFF.

I've let the power drain out completely (since the scree nstays on - this doesn't take long, then held the power button when I plug in the cable - nothing - just boots to logo.

I've NEVER had a phone do this before. Any other thoughts?

Also, the PC (nor son's iMac) detect the device. I've tried other cables, and my other iPhone works with both cables I've tried.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks!

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Connect USB

Hold power and home together, when phone turns of, count 3 sec. Than release power while holding home for another 10 seconds

3. liebowa thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats what I'm saying - THE PHONE WILL NOT TURN OFF.

I've had four iPhones, and have had to go into DFU on all of them for various reasons. This is different. IT WILL NOT TURN OFF. And since the computers won;t recognice it, I can't use BootRec or any of those tools to put it into Recovery, either.

The sceen is on the lock screen until it ifnally runs out of battery.

Even then, I've tried holding buttns as it starts getting juiced back up but it gets to the Apple Logo, and nothing.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

try holding home and power for 30 seconds, should go into recovery mode

5. liebowa thread starter macrumors newbie

I've done this already - many times.

But, just for completelness, I did it again. I held the buttons both down for > 120 seconds. NOTHING. Still looking at a Apple Logo.

This is SOO odd...