3G Carrier NULL/NULL

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by emmab2006, Nov 21, 2008.

1. emmab2006 macrumors member

Hiya all .. was wondering if there is any way to fix this NULL/NULL problem ... is there any way ?... a 2.0 downgrade ? ..

Emma xx

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

What do you mean?

If you can, take a screenshot of it and upload it.

Do a restore, which will more than likely fix it. I'm asking you to upload the screenshot because i've never seen something like this.

3. emmab2006 thread starter macrumors member

dunno how to take a photo cant find an App ... but ive got a turbo sim coming tomorrow .... so will see if that does anything

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Press the home button and while holding the home button hit the sleep wake button, and the screen should flash. Then the photo will be in your camera roll.

5. emmab2006 thread starter macrumors member

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

7. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

that is what I had on my phone jsut after I purchased it. The tec said it was a bad sim or ATT needed to resend the signal. I ended up with an altogether new phone

8. emmab2006 thread starter macrumors member

now issue is that this is an American iphone .... acording to itunes its unactivated . so i used quickpwn to make it activate ... as i say ive got a turbosim arriving tomorrow xx

9. GelleCC macrumors regular

GelleCC

Well I know this thread is a little outdated so I hope you're all still subscribed.

I have an iphone 3g on 2.2.1 with the new baseband (can't remember off the top of my head, but the one that came with the 2.2.1 update NOT the 3.0 update) I get the same 'carrier null/null' I restored it, and nothing happened, and then I jailbroke it and nothing happened, so i restored it again and still nothing. My question is if I take it to att with the default settings, and they can't fix it, will I get a new one? It is still under warrranty, but I don't have att. I have another iphone 3g that is unlocked that I used, but I got this one for my brother who also has tmobile. Will apple give me a new phone if it's under warranty but has no service??

Or is there a way to fix the carrier null/null. If you need a picture, I can upload one later, I'm not on my computer so I don't have the pic.

Thanks for the help!