3G Case for my needs?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by puma1552, Mar 16, 2009.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

I am not a fan of silicon, because it doesn't slide in and out of your pocket easily.

I'm not a fan of plastic hard cases, because every single one WILL scratch your phone.

Are there any cases that are hard on the outside so they slide into your pocket easily yet soft on the inside like silicon/felt so I don't have to have plastic on plastic?

2. Jonx macrumors 6502

Jonx

3. raclotz macrumors member

raclotz

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

If you want to avoid scratches on the back or the chrome of your iPhone, go with Switcheasy's Capsule Neo in black. That's the one I've been using since last Sept and my iPhone still looks pristine. It's a bit bulky though but definitely looks classy and provides good protection. Link

[​IMG]

5. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

As someone who absolutely hates cases but knows that inevitably no matter how careful I am there will be a drunken drop, I know I need a case.

I'm really torn between the candyshell and the neo...do they sell both at the apple store?

Also Rayfire--I was looking at youtube reviews of the neo, and it said it's difficult to put on because the hard parts tend to want to stretch the membrane when trying to slip them on, was this a problem?

Which of the two cases would be best at protecting in a drop?

Also on that note, I was thinking of maybe saying Ahh hell with it and just getting a cheap clear hard case (I like to be able to see I have a white phone) and accepting that every case will probably leave some scratches...how good are those polycarbonates in the event of a drop?

6. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

If you were looking at itsmemorhpious aka Carlos's videos, his first one really he had a hard time, the second one it was easy. When you put in the membrane, just take your time, don't rush. Be sure to "massage" it so it covers the entire back AND chrome as well, if not you're doing something wrong. It is fairly easy to put IMO.

The case will offer a good protection with regards to accidental drops while still maintaining a classy look - I love its glossy black effect on a white iPhone (haha) and the way its shaped. Be warned though that there are some apparent issues with the black neo discussed somewhere, that the edges of the I-frame of the case chips easily - on my case it hasn't yet. The thread for the Neo is somewhere... there it is: link

7. iamsteve macrumors newbie

Attached Files: