Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patnshan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hello,
I just pre-ordered a new GS for myself and my wife, these are our first iphones. I am hard on phones and have broken many. I want to keep the iphones in good shape. My wife and I have different requirements for a case. I will describe our needs in 1 and 2 below. I have ordered BSE's for both to start.
1. I need a very protective case and a belt clip; they can be separate or together in one. I like the look and idea of the iskin solo fx and notice they have a clip available. The problem is that the face isn't protected while in the clip and I need it to be. I am basically looking for protection both while using the phone and while on my belt. I like the incase leather pouch, and would love to use that in combination with the iskin solo fx, but don't think it will fit based on reviews I read. Can you recommend something similar that a solo fx will fit in? I like the plastic/neoprene inside leather concept given it's protection.
2. My wife like the solo fx, but wants to keep it in her purse. I fear that the thin screen protector isn't rigid enough for that. Is it? Or do you know of a case as stylish as that which protects the screen better?
I hope I was clear and look forward to any suggestions you have.
Thanks,
Pat

V4705

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
1. looks nice:
candyshell (got better shock absorbing and bigger lip around the screen than the solos) + some generic belt pouch

switcheasy rebel + switcheasy visionclip2 (plastic holster): http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/switcheasy-visionclip-2/

1. hardcore protection:
otterbox defender (come with plastic holster as a kit).
speck toughskin (come with plastic holster as a kit).

iskin revo2 come with very thick plastic cover for the screen - it must be removed for using (she cant touch through this) but it will protect the screen the most while in her purse.

Last edited:

patnshan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Thanks for the feedback. I ended up going with the iskin solo for me in black, solo fx for her in blue. Then I got two cheapo leather belt clip pouches for $5 each that reviews suggested were big enough to accommodate encased iphones.

I have had plastic clip type holters before, but always manage to catch the clip or phone on something, causing a 10-15 foot flight for the phone. I have many cracked screens to show for it! The iphone is too expensive to go flying periodically!

I will post back on the results.

Pat

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.