3G Case-Picture Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Cnasty, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I thought maybe we could get a thread where everyone can post their new cases for the 3G. Sure you may be able to see them online, but after hearing someones testimonial and posting an actual picture of their new case, we can get a real good idea.

I am not a big case fan, but want one for the 3G.

The fingerprints on the screen are annoying me right now. I read some have an anti finger print screen that comes with the case, but not sure how that works.

Personally I really like the look of the InCase slider right now and is in the lead but dont know to much about them.

[​IMG]

I think we are all still looking for that perfect case!! So lets see em!!! :D

2. ItalianBoston macrumors regular

I bought the anti-glare film, I think thats what its called, it was $15 for 2 of them, that that sell at the apple store, and it does not show any finger prints at all, I have had it on my 1g iPhone since I bought it and It is great!

3. Cnasty thread starter macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Pic me dammit..PIC ME!! lol Good info, thanks! Keep em coming!! :cool:

4. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

The Apple Store had very little selection today. Just the InCase rubber thingies I don't like. There was one 3G case called Club CEO or something like that. It looked pretty cool, but the belt swivel clips were sold seperately but not in-store, online only! How stupid is that? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope this becomes a really cool case showcase. :cool:

5. Cnasty thread starter macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Thats what Im hoping for as my head is spinning with online photos and crap. I want the trusted people of this forum. Let your voice be heard!! lol

6. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

where did you find info on that case. i have been looking for it and google doesnt show anything

7. domcole macrumors regular

Incase Slider iPhone 3g case

I've been looking for it aswell, hasn't been released yet so that doesn't help. Anyone know when it's out?

Thanks.

8. Cnasty thread starter macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Yea, I dont believe the inCase for the 3G has been released yet.
    Thats a pic for the first iPhone.

I am just annoyed as hell with all the fingerprints on the screen. The back I can deal with as I knew I was getting it in black and that would be a consequence.

I have read about the screens they sell at the Apple store that help prevent smudge and fingerprints. Will probably grab one of those and a case whenever I figure which one as there are a TON of good ones out there.

9. brisweeney macrumors regular

brisweeney

here's the belkin clear case i just got, happy with it apart from the problem i posted in the other thread!!! :)

Attached Files:

10. Cnasty thread starter macrumors 68020

Cnasty

That one looks real solid. I am liking the clear ones more and more for the black.
    The fingerprints probably wont show that much on them as well.

11. Rynology macrumors regular

Rynology

I bought the Belkin Etched Silicone yesterday. I love it so far. It form fits the phone perfectly, nice and snug. Has a really nice grip feel to it. This in conjunction with the crystal film protection screen I purchased, should provide some good protection without diminishing the look or feel of the iphone at all (IMO). The belkin case is also super easy to remove when you want to reveal the backing. Here are some quick pics I took.

Now I would like to find a nice belt case that will accommodate my phone in it's sleeve.

Attached Files:

12. meagain macrumors 68030

Ryn - are you going to keep the case on it basically all the time? Wondering why you went with the white then because the blacks look better with cases and their 'holes'.

13. Rynology macrumors regular

Rynology

Initially I didn't think I would use it 100% of the time but it's turned out to be a great case that has a great feel to it when using the phone. I am going to keep it on most of the time. I liked the white iphone better, just because it is such an appleesque color and more people were getting the black so I wanted something I wouldn't be used to seeing everywhere. I actually like the way it shows up through the case, but I see your point as well.

14. sidewalkscenes macrumors newbie

that settles it, im getting the belkin one. i have a similar one for my ds and i love it. it kinda makes it look more fancy.

15. Cnasty thread starter macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Im torn because I like the silicon cases because they dont have finger prints at all which is a huge plus for me and you can throw a shield on the front.

But I also like the hard plastic listed in this thread because of the look.

I have heard things about the silicon stretching,and not sliding easily from the pockets and all that but the fingerprintless look is a big seller.

WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO?!?!?! lol :D

16. brisweeney macrumors regular

brisweeney

just read this thread i posted before you buy, im still trying to get the case off!!!! :(

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=520393

17. sidewalkscenes macrumors newbie

haha i did read it. that kind of sucks :( why do you need to take it off though? also, im assuming this doesnt offer any sort of smudge/scratch protection on the screen, right?

18. sidewalkscenes macrumors newbie

i had silicone cases for my ipod and also for my old cell phones but i never really liked the way they felt. they did stretch out too. also, i keep my cigarette packs just in my purse, so i'd always have tobacco sliding underneath the case, and the cases start to look dirty like old rubber bands.

19. brisweeney macrumors regular

brisweeney

actually it comes with a pretty good screen protector,good sensitivity, nice and smooth, but i messed up putting it on by putting it the wrong way around and the sticky side got dirty :mad:

i want to take it off cause i was only planning on using it while at work which is a couple of times a week! i want to clean the back of my phone too....

theres just no grip on the bottom of the phone to slide it back out!

20. meagain macrumors 68030

My old Incase rubber for my 2g stretched. Funnily, it now fits PERFECTLY on my 3g. :) I plan on skinning mine then tossing this Incase on it as needed. But yes, even before stretching, my incase rubber case allowed grit underneath or it was simply the harder rubber wearing away at my 2g phone. Expensive mistake which will reduce my phone's value on ebay. Be careful.
    I've learned my lesson. Case quality/type are seriously important to the health of the phone's body.