3G Case That Doesn't Scratch

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bwfc0907, Nov 15, 2008.

1. bwfc0907 macrumors regular

Hi

I'm so confused, nearly all cases scratch the metal on the iphone. Can anybody recommend a case that doesn't. Hard or soft I'm not bothered. I do want to be able to fit it in a dock.

2. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The best case that does not scratch your iphone is your hand. :) Seriously, the iphone doesn't need a case and was designed to be used without one. Just be mindful when you use it.

I've had my iphone out of a case for two months not and the only scratches on it are the ones it acquired when I *did* use a case prior to that. Most cases are a big scam.

4. bwfc0907 thread starter macrumors regular

I need to keep it in my pocket the majority of the time. So no case is not an option. Thanks anyway.

5. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Look into the sleeve I recommended, perfect for placing it in your pocket without worrying about it getting scratched. This case has protected my phone from any type of scratching even the chrome areas (apple logo, bezel, ringer switches, etc) It's only $9 + shipping also, which is a great deal. Fits the 3G also in case your wondering.

6. slapppy macrumors 65816

The NEO, will not scratch any part of your iPhone.

7. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

There are a lot of cases that will not scratch your phone.... however I apply a few steps to every case that touches my phone...

Step 1. Clean your iPhone with a product like iKlear and a soft shammy... make sure it's really clean.

Step 2. run your finger around the inside of the case... feel for imperfections

Step 3. Clean the inside of the case... make sure there's nothing that will get trapped between the case and your phone.

Step 4... give your phone one final whipe down...

Step 5 apply case... but apply it gently... don't just throw it on

Forgot Step 6. Every 3-4 days completely remove the case and repeat steps 1-5....

As for the comment on the neo... ANY case can scratch your phone if you do not clean your phone properly... if something gets caught between that thin membrane and your phone chances are it will scratch....