3G cell phone help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Carlos E, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

When I purchased my iPhone I signed up prepaid so I did not keep my old AT&T cell number. I still have the 2nd phone so I want to take the SIM out of my old RAZR and pop it into a 3G cell phone so I can tether it to my MacBook Pro for internet access.

Can anyone recommend a 3G phone that will tether through bluetooth and is OS X compatible?

2. Carlos E thread starter macrumors 6502

Carlos E

OK, I went out and I bought a Motorola v3xx and it can connect to a Mac via bluetooth and also synch with isync.

How do I go about tethering it to my Mac? I connected it to my Mac via USB and it does not show up in the network system prefs. I connected via bluetooth and it shows up.

I have read threads where members can tether using their phones. Can anyone help me with the network settings to set this up so I connect via 3G?

3. Carlos E thread starter macrumors 6502

Carlos E

i can't believe with all of the previous threads I have read of members tethering their cell phones not one single person here could offer some advice setting this up.

I finally got it some what working. I can't connect via 3G faster than 300-400kps so I guess the phone is going back.

:(

Thanks for the help.