3G connect to iTunes icon suddenly appeared

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by halesq, Dec 28, 2010.

1. halesq macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been posted before but I am traveling in India and the connection speeds are so slow that conducting an exhaustive search is impossible.
    One of the guests in my hotel has a 3G iPhone with a Dutch SIM card that had been working perfectly until the other day. It suddenly displayed the iTunes/USB icon with the additional message that the SIM card was not recognized and only the emergency mode was available. We tried a hard reset...we swapped out the original SIM with an Indian SIM and the SIM message went away but the iTunes icon remained. There's no possibility of connecting it with the laptop it is synced with and connecting it with another might wipe the phone which would not be good.
    FWIW the phone is probably jailbroken since it was originally a US model.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

2. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

My only suggestion is to try to connect it to iTunes since this is not normal and you might end up losing your info if you keep on trying hard resets and reboots.

3. halesq thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but remember iPhone is in India and iTunes synced laptop is in Netherland. Syncing it with another computer will wipe all info.