3G Connection for MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by treynolds, Oct 24, 2010.

1. treynolds macrumors regular

treynolds

Which service would you use?

I currently have no 3G service, except for my new Kindle 3 and that barely counts. For the MBA, one would either have to use a USB device or some sort of a MiFi device. Any suggestions or recommendations?

The (relatively) cheap 3G is one of the intial attractions I had to the iPad, but in the end, the iPad didn't do enough of what I needed to do. The MBA is a much different animal. I know that there are many WiFi options out there, as I currently use those with my iPod Touch, but am looking for reasonably price 3G, connect anywhere plans for the MBA, if indeed such animal(s) exist.

Thanks!

2. idonotliketostu macrumors 6502

activate an ipad 3g sim card, pluck it into an old iphone 3g/3gs and tether that shizzle =D

3. DannySmurf macrumors 6502a

The iPad SIM card wouldn't fit.

4. idonotliketostu macrumors 6502

make it fit :p

5. BobbyCarbn macrumors regular

BobbyCarbn

6. GeekLawyer macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
  7. richard371 macrumors 68000

I use my IP4 with bluetooth tethering. Works great when I need it and I always have my phone with me unlike a mifi or usb stick and I do not have to have a second $20 + a month account like the ipad 3G. I get form 1 tp 3 mbs up and about 1 down which is close to a 3G card.

8. treynolds thread starter macrumors regular

treynolds

That's an interesting option, and we're already Verizon customers, but the article seems to point to this being a package deal with a new iPad. I'll ask at my local store after it goes into effect. Thanks!

9. treynolds thread starter macrumors regular

treynolds

Yes, but you DO have a data plan with that IP4, correct? Aren't those about $60 per month from AT&T?

10. w00tini macrumors 6502a