Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Black.Infinity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Apple tree-Toronto
iphone 4 32gb FIDO(Toronto, Canada)

when I'm on 3g and put my phone on stand by and come back again in one hour or even like ten minutes then want to use my phone again it seems i lost my connection even thought i see 3g icon on top of the phone

or some times this happen when i go out of my wifi area and you expect your 3g should work for internet access

but i found a way to solve this problem whenever this happen on my 3g i go and turn off and on my cellular data option on my phone and it works

BUT is this normal:confused:

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Unfortunately, this is a real issue for Fido customers. It started when iOS 4.0 came out in June and has not been solved with the carrier updates. For some reason the 3G will drop (even though it shows good signal strength) and not work until you turn off the antenna and turn it back on (I switch airplane mode on/off quickly to get her working again). This happens especially after leaving a Wifi network, as you mentioned.

This issue occurs since June on my 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4. The issue is not the phone. When the problems started I took my 3GS to an Apple store and got a new one. The problems occurred even before re-syncing all my info to iTunes. Restoring the phone does nothing to help so don't bother.

Fido technical support says they are aware of the issue and working on a fix. They've told me that ever since the end of June. My advise is to call in and report the issue. The more people who report it, the more likely it will get fixed. Then call billing and demand a credit for half your data fee until they fix the issue. Also, report the issue to Apple Feedback.

This is driving me crazy. I always loved Fido. But having my 3G network cut out 6 times a day is insane. I don't know how many times I have been using an app and all of a sudden it starts lagging and freezing and it takes me a while to realize the 3G network just crapped out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.