3G connection sucks!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DrakeSavage, Aug 14, 2008.

1. DrakeSavage macrumors newbie

Atleast in the northeast (NYC mind you)....it takes forever to load up email and the app store...anyone else???

2. psywzrd macrumors 68030

It sucks for me in central NJ today too. My phone shows 3G but it's not even usable. It's literally taking minutes to open up a simple web page. WTF is going on?

3. HyQuality macrumors regular

I'm in midtown NYC today (51st and 6th) and 3G is TERRIBLY slow today. I'm getting very frustrated... especially since my stupid mobilechat app STILL doesn't work!!!

4. Cusipz macrumors newbie

24th and Park ave, barely shows 3g, then switches to Edge...Horrific speeds today.

5. gowanis macrumors 6502

EDGE is even worse than usual. Getting about 12 kbps in Jersey City today.

6. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I've been sittting at work all day and have been connected to 3G. Go out to lunch in an area where only Edge is available so my iphone switches over to Edge. Come back to work, sit down at my desk and instead of switching over to 3G, it stays on Edge. How can anyone say that there's nothing wrong with the iphone?

7. Cusipz macrumors newbie

I've had that happen many times in Madison square park (full 3G signal normally)...It will not switch from Edge sometimes. I reboot the phone, and bam, back to full 3G. Annoying.

8. psywzrd macrumors 68030

It's not just annoying - it's unacceptable. Apple needs to step up and fix this ASAP.

9. HyQuality macrumors regular

After 45 mins on the phone with AT&T just now, the tech rep told me that SEVERAL towers in Manhattan are having major issues over the past 24-48 hours. No ETA on when they will be repaired. Yay