3g coverage problems in NJ

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dread, Nov 11, 2009.

1. dread macrumors 6502a

Over the last week my 3g coverage has been horrible. My calls are breaking up and my bars go from 5 to 0 and backup again in areas where I usually get 5 bars consistently. I called AT&T and they say they are having an unspecified problem with the network in NJ since november 7th. Anyone else noticing crappy 3g reception and extremely slow data speeds. My phone actually went to the old network that shows up as a circle in the area where it normally says 3g. AT&T has no idea when the problem will be fixed.

I recently jailbroke my phone so I want to make sure that this is not the result of the jailbreak.

2. dread thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just found out my coworker's phone is having the same issues and her's is not jailbroken. I guess we can chalk this up to AT&T's crappy network. I am in new brunswick so if anyone else is experiencing issues post your location so we can see how widespread the issue is.

3. schwell macrumors regular

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

AT&T's excuse for everything is "unspecified network trouble in your area."

I once had an issue where my visual voicemail stopped working - the phone never received notification of new voice mails.

Several calls to AT&T (once conferenced to an Apple tech, too) and they could not identify the problem. Finally, one customer rep said she'd have a senior tech call me back. While I was waiting, I DFU'd my iPhone and re-set up the whole thing. VVM started working instantly. Very shortly thereafter, the senior tech from AT&T calls - he tells me there is a network issue in my area, and that that is the reason for the voice mail failures, and to give it a day or two to resolve.

Yeah, right. AT&T is the network error.

Doesn't happen to me any more. Well, not since I switched (back) to Verizon.