3G data not working with 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lignsligns, Jun 19, 2009.

1. lignsligns macrumors member

I bought the 3gs today as an upgrade from my original iphone. When I try to get on the internet or get into the Appstore it says there is no connection. I know I am in the 3g zone and I have 3g on, I just dont know whats going on. There is no "3g" icon or "edge" icon next to the AT&T (if edge is a backup or something?). I can make calls and SMS however, so I am at a loss of what to do.

I tried to search for an answer but with no luck, so even a link to maybe an article would be a big help. Thanks :)

2. tylertech macrumors regular

This has happened to me before. It means that your account doesn't have an iPhone data plan. Either reactivate the whole phone through iTunes, or call ATT and tell them to add the iPhone Data Plan to your account. Restart your phone after and it should fix the problem.

3. ScrewTheDaisies macrumors regular

That happened to me when I got mine yesterday. I just called AT&T this morning. Customer service couldn't fix it, but they transferred me to technical support and they redid some stuff and got it working. Also, I wasn't on hold for more than a minute. All in all a good experience. :)