3G Defects - Should I return?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lexoticstylez02, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Well after reading all these threads about the defects people are having with the 3G phones I've been examining mine over the past few days and noticed that I have many. I didn't notice anything up until I began reading threads on people having these problems. My phone is a day 2, white 16GB.

Problems I've found:
    - My plastic backing isn't lined up correctly with the chrome bezel on one side.
    - I have a pretty bad leak where the screen meets the chrome bezel on that same side & this is a first so far, I also have a leak coming through the earpiece.
    - I am starting to experience some light cracking around the headphone jack.

The only reason I'm debating exchanging it is I've heard people receiving phones that are even worse off than the first, and I was thinking maybe I should wait a few weeks until something gets fixed.

I also have an Anti-Glare screen protector on my phone, will they give me a new one or am I gonna lose out on $15?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Get it fixed. They can usually remove the anti-glare pieces with some scotch tape and put it on the new phone.

TEG

3. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

fix it! they should replace it for free. otherwise your credit card should also have it covered (like Amex). it's always nice to use a new iphone lol

yeah, try use sticky/cello tape and get the film off. dont use your nails. I also have a film over my screen :p

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If you didn't notice them for a month, I don't think returning is worth the bother. You may not consider them defects even though others do. From what others say, you are taking a chance on what type of phone you get.

I would love to see somebody who has so much light leak that it blinds anyone who looks at it and keeps the phone. A contest to see who leaks the most light. The crookedest bezel. Image of Jebus or FSM in the anti-glare screen. Anything. They may become collector items.