3G Dock or Not? Advantages?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thornguy, Jul 15, 2008.

1. thornguy macrumors regular

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I rarely use my dock for my 1G iPhone. I have it in a case which doesn't fit in the dock. I don't want to have to take it out of my case constantly, so I just use a cable.

3. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

I might avoid it when i upgrade. I just got my old iphone replaced and it was perfect. I docked it a few times and noticed all these scuff marks. Really annoying since i want to eBay it soon.

The shiney plastic might be more durable then the matte finish on the first iPhone.

Anyone getting scratches on the 3g when they dock?

4. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

If you got the extra money, go ahead! I did. I like the way I can dock it sometimes to view it in all it's glory that's about it lol

and @ dissdnt NOPE, not scratches at all!

5. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

As a self-confessed neat-freak, it just looks more organized sitting upright. I have one dock on my desk with my computer (hooked up to the charger and to my desk speakers for music), a universal dock hooked up to my component AV cables with my TV/sound system, and another dock sitting hooked up to the charger at work.

6. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Cools thanks.

7. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I have the dock, but I can see potential for it scuffing up a little after a while. It hasn't yet, but it could soon.

8. schield macrumors member

Does anyone have the dock + Invisible Shield/BSE/BG skin? Does it fit?

9. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

I'm thinking the same thing.:confused:

10. pugnut macrumors 6502a

I purchased the dock and was not happy with the fact that there is no cable included. It seems that apple is trying to squeeze every dollar out of this.

11. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

I had a BSE on my old iPhone and was able to dock it perfectly, although it didn't quite fit until the skin had cured for a few days.

I just put on my IS an hour ago and my 3G dock is in the mail. I will report back.

12. showtime macrumors 6502

If you're planning on using a case you'll probably find yourself rarely using the dock because it's not going to fit and it'll get annoying taking off and putting on the case.

13. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

If you have "push" I say hold off on the dock.

14. nathans89 macrumors newbie

i live in an area where there is almost no 2G signal never mind 3G (Rural Surrey UK) with my 1st gen i noticed that it got almost full signal in the dock so iv ordered the dock for my 3G in the hope that I will be able to make calls! I also noticed that when its plugged in it has extra signal. If you live in a crappy area i would greatly recommend it, if not then get it anyway cos it makes it look really cool!

15. trevreyno macrumors member

yes i have the 3g dock with invisible shield on iphone 3g-it still fits in the dock perfectly,no problems at all:)

16. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i was so used to having a dock with my iPhone classic that I really missed not having one with my iPhone 3G..
    so yeah, i went and bought it for £20 :eek:

Shame there is no IR, but still.. it does the job and looks nice :)

17. mlkeller macrumors member

+1 - using with new BodyGuardz for 3G and it fits perfectly :)