3g down in Ny?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Resevdog, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Resevdog macrumors regular

I'm wondering if its my just my phone or system wide...but my phone is now constantly switching from edge 4 bars to no service or very minimal 3 g. But mostly it goes to no service where I used to get great service. This only started today.

Is it my phone, or are there system issues that others are experiencing? I'm in the NYC area.

2. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

I was having this issue in Westchester Country this afternoon around lunch time, but it cleared up after a short period.

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I was in White Plains all day and noticed at one point new email stopped coming in...when I manually checked it i had 10 new emails that were hours old (should have been Pushed). I guess something was wacky today.

4. Resevdog thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, something is definitely wrong with the 3g iphones. I'm on the phone with ATT and when I described my problem (when 3g is turned on, I get no service at all) the tech stated "This may be one of our emerging problems with the new iPhone and software update. Please hold while I contact our tech support liason."

In addition, my phone is now getting hotter than it ever has.

Not good.

5. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

I stated this on the Apple forums and I'll reiterate, reaons 29834726 why i moved out of the tristate area, 3g is fab in FLA