3g downgrading from 3.1.2 to 3.0 with 5.11.07 baseband

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by chinaman87, Feb 21, 2010.

1. chinaman87 macrumors newbie

I have a 3g with the specs above, I want to jb and unlock the phone, I have dled:

1. Bl-39
    2. Bl-46
    3. Itunes 8.2
    4. iphone 1,1_3.0_7A341_restore
    5. redsn0w-win_0.7.2

When I was on a 2g I was able to unlock and jb with the items mentioned above, now that I'm on a 3g I have a few concerns.

Ive looked at a few threads and it said I have to put it in DFU mode and then select the FW 3.0 and setup as a new phone.

From there what would I need to do to finish jbing and unlocking the phone?

I'd appreciate the help (please simplify instructions, that'd help me alot).Thanks

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Why do you want to downgrade? You can jailbreak and unlock a 3G on 3.1.2 using redsn0w and then unlock using blacksn0w. You also do not need boot loaders, the old version of iTunes, or the ancient version of resdn0w you are using. I recommend you use the following tutorials from iClarified:

Jailbreak 3G on 3.1.2 (Windows): http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7443
    Jailbreak 3G on 3.1.2 (Mac): http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7429
    Unlock 3G or 3GS using blacksn0w: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5900

3. chinaman87 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok ill try the ones you mentioned, the reason i had those items downloaded was because I used that with my 2g.

I wanted to keep 3.0 cause I never really had any problems with that FW. I've also been seeing people reporting they've been crashing with 3.1.2 so I was a little hesitant about staying on 3.1.2.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

A 3G should be quite stable on 3.1.2. (except for having to use Blacksn0w)

5. rydd14 macrumors newbie

So to clarify, a 3G iPhone running firmware 3.1.2 can be jailbroken and unlocked? (I'm a prospective buyer trying to make sure I have all my bases covered before purchase)

Thanks in advance

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Since the OS can be downgraded in the 3G but baseband cannot, you need to make sure that the baseband (modem firmware) is 5.11.07 or lower to ensure an unlock.

7. rydd14 macrumors newbie

Again, thank you. This forum has really helped me in figuring out all the little nuances with the iPhone and how to jailbreak and unlock.

8. chinaman87 thread starter macrumors newbie

what is going on with Blacksn0w?

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Blacksn0w seems to aggravate a bug in CommCenter which can result in periodic loss of WiFi connectivity. Fixing it requires some combination of turning Airplane more on and off and Reset Network Settings. Rarely it is a permanent condition only fixed by unintalling blacksn0w. Others have suggested that it is the cause of other problems, but the WiFi issue is well established and affects 10-20% of people.

10. chinaman87 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, thanks. I guess ill deal with that once the issue occurs