3G Exchange server HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lawandorder360, Jun 20, 2010.

  1. lawandorder360 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2010
    #1
    I've been connected to my work email account through Microsoft Exchange for the past year with no problems. I was trying to send out an email today, and my iPhone could not connect to the server. I tried to re-connect multiple times, ultimately deleting the email account from my phone and attempting to re-install it.

    When I put in all the info into their respective fields and hit "next," all I get is a message that says "Exchange account verification failed." When I go through and save it anyway and try and update emails, it says that it cannot connect to the server.

    My IT dept. says no changes were made, and I've already tried a restore and restored from a backup, as well.

    Any ideas? PLEASE? I have no contacts, emails, or calendar on my phone!!!!
     
  2. stridemat Moderator

    stridemat

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2008
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    This may not be of any help but I was trying to set up my iPhone with Microsoft Exchange at work. All it took was a reset of the iPhone and it connected without a problem. Hope your issue is as simple as this!
     
  3. lawandorder360 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2010
  4. robpow macrumors regular

    robpow

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2007
    #4
    Could be almost anything, a certificate expired somewhere, some DNS registration expired that they didn't realise was still in use etc. Unfortunately you will need to look in the IIS logs of the front-end Exchange server to try and narrow down what's wrong. What if you put in the Exchange server that you configure on the iPhone into a web browser? Any errors or warnings?
     
  5. lawandorder360 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2010
    #5
    Everything looks ok when I try and connect to OWA through the browser.
     
  6. Hummer macrumors 65816

    Hummer

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2006
    Location:
    Queens, New York NY-5
    #6
    This identical problem happens to me twice a year.

    What happens is, a single email in the inbox somehow goes haywire and stops the iPhone from connecting to the server properly. I know this sounds weird, but it took forever for me to figure it out. I even switched to Blackberry the first time it happened, because I couldn't find a solution.

    What you need to do is move ALL of your emails from the inbox, into another folder. Once you've done that, you'll be able to connect. From there, move batches of emails back into your inbox until the problem arises again. Through this process you'll be able to find the corrupt email and delete it .
     

Share This Page