3G Expansion (in Michigan anyways)!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by firstapple, Aug 22, 2008.

1. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I would just like to inform anyone in Michigan here that AT&T has just recently increased 3G significantly! I am in Howell, MI and I now have full bars, and I never had anything before. It now extends from Detroit to Lansing (you have to individually click on Lansign in order for the coverage to show up, as AT&T has yet to update the nation's map yet)!

I say Thumbs up for AT&T on this one! I can now use 3G during my whole car ride to and from work, Howell to Farmington and back...

Any other states/cities seeing any new results lately?

Here is the new coverage for the Detroit metro area:

[​IMG]

2. ghayenga macrumors regular

Good to know. It looks like it actually covers Ann Arbor now.

Upgrading to a 3g may have some point now.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I felt a great disturbance in the network, as if millions of 3G users in Chicago suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

4. davyreins macrumors 6502

I've been getting great 3g service in Ann Arbor since I got my 3g. Last time I was in East Lansing they didn't have it. I'll be interested to see what it's like when I go this weekend.

5. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Yea here (Lubbock, TX) we just got 3G here and they're getting the rest of West Texas 3G coverage soon.

6. M0bile macrumors regular

I've been getting great 3G service in the Grand Rapids metro area. Glad to see the east side is getting it as a lot of my friends go to school in Lansing and A2.

7. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Sounds great. I am happy for those who live in that area. :apple::apple:

8. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

excellent. how recent is this? interested to see if i get 3G the next time i go up to Dexter to visit my folks. 3G has been good for me in Ypsi since i upgraded, but the past couple days have been a little wonky. maybe it was just kinks from the expansion...

anyway, its nice to see at&t giving some love to the Glove.

9. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

AT&T just turned on 3G in Lansing last week...

10. Chicagomac08 macrumors member

Do you get good 3G reception in Chicago? I live on the northside and I don't bother with 3G and even Edge is kinda weak (2-3 bars)

11. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

No, not in Chicago. People with poor 3G reception that volunteer their location are often in Chicago.

12. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

though, i have to say, i bought my 3G when i was in Chi on a business trip at the Apple Store in the Mag Mile and I had great 3G reception all over the Grant Park area.

13. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I would love it if Port Huron would get 3G coverage--then I could have fast internet when I visit the folks. :)

Does AT&T announce where they plan to expand service? Some type of timeline perhaps?

14. sbostedor macrumors newbie

sbostedor

No 3G in Jackson, MI

I work in Dexter and we get 3G there, now. Unfortunately, they have 3G the cow country of western Washtenaw County while the larger city of Jackson is still suffering with edge.:mad:

15. Foamer macrumors regular

Im just wishing they would get 3g here in Grand Haven. It is a HUGE tourist destination, and yet we are stuck on edge.