3g In Madison,wi!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by topher2889, Mar 26, 2008.

1. topher2889 macrumors regular

topher2889

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I live in Elgin, IL and 3G is basically covered top to bottom here and has been for a while, but only a few other cities in the whole state is covered.

AT&T is probably working on getting their coverage everywhere for iPhone 2.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

San Francisco Bay Area...

has had the AT&T Blue Coverage Maps (3G) since December '07, but not much difference from the Orange Coverage Maps, at least for the San Francisco Bay Area. I'll have to find out which one of my friends or family members has a 3G phone. :cool:

4. mctheriot macrumors regular

mctheriot

My wireless card went 3G this past Monday in Kenosha, WI - Thank Goodness!

It's nice to see them expanding at a good clip.

Mark

5. martyrk macrumors regular

martyrk

I live in La Crosse WI and no 3G and find that just the regular service sucks, maybe they need to work on that before 3G! I live 0.5 mi from I-90 and get in and out service, should this not be great service along the interstate?

6. topher2889 thread starter macrumors regular

topher2889

I'm actually from Northern Illinois and go to school in Madison. Service is great in both areas. however, I do occasionally travel west of Madison around the dodgeville area and the service is quite spotty there. It usually works but once you get off of the beaten path it goes kaput. Sometimes the only carrier that will work in these more rural areas is US cellular, they seem to have devoted a lot of resources into keeping most of Wisconsin covered.

7. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

8. piecinitup macrumors member

I used to live in Madison as well and was wondering when this would happen. I now live in Austin, TX. To me this just shows how close the 3G iPhone is, being that Madison is a very tech savvy city and I predict a lot of iphone/mac owners.
    I go back to visit my parents in June, wonder if i'll be able to test out the new 3G coverage.

9. martyrk macrumors regular

martyrk

I switched from Verizon which I can say had amazing coverage but was sick of having to call them every month with unknown charges and credits... anyways, it was a great transition but I really took it for granted the coverage of verizon, I am hoping its att service and not the iphone

10. mulze22 macrumors regular

Yeah i live in Madison and thats sweet. Can't really wait until it comes out if it does.