3G internet sharing with ATT

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by donkeybasketbal, Dec 12, 2007.

1. donkeybasketbal macrumors newbie

Howdy.

Newbie, but longtime listener.

I have been w/o a land line or traditional ISP for years now. Been ATT/Cingular/ATT again using Sony Ericsson phones and modem scripts found on the internet (Ross Barkman's page is always helpful). My current Ericsson 810i is flaky and becoming more and more difficult to get online with (I have to use it as a modem rather than "Join Network on 810i" (that feature was removed when I upgraded to 10.5.)

So I'm up for an upgrade and rather than going with Edge based Sony Ericsson 580i I am looking at the 3G phones. The Samsung A737 is a rough idea of what I'm looking at... any non flip 3G offered by ATT.

I know they don't play nice with iSync... but has anyone had any luck with internet sharing with ATT 3G phones... I'd rather just Bluetooth Menu -> Join Network On... than use as a "dial up". Anyone with any recommendations?

I hate to part with Sony Ericsson but the promise of 3G and less youtube caching time is calling me.

Thx Thx,

d

2. donkeybasketbal thread starter macrumors newbie

As a noob, is there a better location for this post? Is this specifically for Apple branded peripherals? Should I move this to a networking forum?

Getting an itchy trigger finger... I may just stick with a new SE and deal with edge.

Anyone using any carrier with 3G? Is it amazing?

d