3G + iOS 4 wallpaper not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BConvery, Jun 22, 2010.

1. BConvery macrumors regular

I get the the screen to choose a wallpaper, but when I select it, I don't get the screen to choose either home page or lock screen. The wall paper shows up only on my lock screen and my home screen is black, like in 3.xx. I have wiped and restored after the update...any ideas?

TIA

2. iSimx macrumors 6502

iSimx

That feature isn't available on the 3G, likewise multitasking.

3. BConvery thread starter macrumors regular

Crap, I was hoping that wouldn't be the case......oh well, just have to wait until Thursday. Thanks!

4. Alesha1111111 macrumors newbie

My iPod touch 3rd gen 32 Gb, the wallpaper feature works fine. On my childrens iPod touch 3rd gen 8 Gb this feature isn't working. Can anyone help me?

5. robins80 macrumors newbie

I do believe I have a 3rd Gen iPod Touch (bought in September of '09), but the wallpaper doesn't work for me. I choose one, click set and then the iPod tells me that the picture is saved. No asking what screen I want the wallpaper for. Maybe I don't have a 3rd Gen touch. Could there be something I'm missing?

6. robins80 macrumors newbie

Quick update. I can apparently set the lock screen wallpaper, but not the home page.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

The 8GB iPod touches aren't third gen. In terms of hardware, they are considered second gen. Only the 32/64GB iPod touches are third gen.