3G Iphone ad in magazine!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chrisrokc, May 19, 2008.

1. Chrisrokc macrumors regular

Well looks like it is getting even closer. This is from the latest issue of Vibe Magazine. I found it on another form.

[​IMG]

Don't miss the moment with the new 3G Video iPhone
    Aside from the summer scenes you can capture with this thing Apple's finally harnessing the power of the lastest in EDGE technology. The upgrades.... in even the most dedicated BlackBerry addict. ($499: apple.com)

2. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

"Apple's firmly harnessing the power of the latest in EDGE technology."

Yes, sounds like an incredibly reputable article. ;)

3. Chrisrokc thread starter macrumors regular

http://www.vibe.com/

Do you get your "tech" information from Maxim? I don't think so. They doesn't mean they don't have the inside track. We sure dont.

4. newyorksole macrumors 68030

This is funny

1. because I just was reading an old issue of Vibe today

2. harnessing the latest EDGE? I hate articles that go good until they make that 1 stupid mistake..

and it's AD not ADD

5. Chrisrokc thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, good call on the topic title. Damn typos. :D

6. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Why does it seem everyone around us has the inside track. New cases, iPhone ads. Where is my new phone Apple....HMMMMM

7. Chrisrokc thread starter macrumors regular

Well if vibe put it in the magazine it must be coming out in the next 30 days :p We already know that though.... I bet it comes out sooner though rather than later. Couple weeks? Wonder if it will be in other mags just coming out...

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

That was written by someone who probably doesn't even know what a "Video iPhone" is. That confirms about as much as the last poop Steve Jobs took.

9. Chrisrokc thread starter macrumors regular

It confirms price. Did Steve Jobs dump has a price tag on it?:confused:

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

It lists a price. It doesn't confirm anything, especially when it says the 3G phone will "harness the power in the latest in EDGE technology." I have no idea why Vibe would run such a thing since there have been NO press releases on the iPhone (I work at a newspaper). Therefore, anything and everything is speculation, aside from AT&T's comments months back about it probably being sometime this year.

11. Chrisrokc thread starter macrumors regular

True, there hasn't been a press release. However it doesn't require a press release.

12. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

front page this business you moderating bongos.
    afterall, it IS a rumour, with evidence of it. notice the photo (cmon, it's not that hard to miss)

13. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

The only thing that I can think of the EDGE comment is, they think 3G is an advanced part of EDGE. Since this is not a tech magazine, they don't understand the EDGE and 3G are competitors. They are documenting it like EDGE is the foundation that 3G sits on. Just a thought. The video thing is what is throwing me off not the 3G piece.

14. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

yeah the video makes no sense, like. wtf? is the current iphone still or somthing?
    maby they just say that to emphasize how good the iphone is

15. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

That isn't an ad, it looks like part of an article about gadgets (like, "20 Best gadgets of summer" or something). Which means they may not have any info at all from Apple, and may be just going on current rumors. Heck, for all we know, the article could be called "the 10 most inaccurate internet rumors" :)

16. Chrisrokc thread starter macrumors regular

I might try to pick up a copy or at least look at it while I go to the store tomorrow.

17. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

A couple points:

1. That iPhone in the photo looks exactly like the current one.

2. VIBE is NOT a magazine Apple would spill the beans to. Maybe Time or Newsweek, but even with those two, Apple would provide a preview only if it was guaranteed a cover.

3. Do you really believe some reporter who's so clueless as to not know the difference between Edge and 3G will have some advance, insider info?

18. Chrisrokc thread starter macrumors regular

You have to remember Time and Newsweek promotions won't sell as many iphones as promotions in magazines such as Maxim, Vibe, ect....

19. Draddy macrumors regular

bull crap.

20. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

:eek::eek::eek:

Holy crap, since when did the iPhone do video?!?!?

21. Chrisrokc thread starter macrumors regular

I know newsweek comes out every week. However, do you read it every week? Do you get it in the mail? I use to but hell all I ever see at friends houses is the popular magazines, not newsweek. I don't have the numbers but I am going to say the younger generation doesn't read as much newsweek as the rest.

I think of the iphone as a younger generation type gadget.

22. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Dude, it's just some guy speculating about some crap.

There's no way Apple would give the "exclusive" on the new iPhone to some tech rag with a 5-digit circulation and then allow them to completely inaccurately and incompletely report the information about their new multi-billion dollar invested device.

Since Jobs took back over, Apple has never made any new product announcements through "exclusives" in periodicals.

Vibe is making educated (or maybe not so educated) guesses.

23. CybaSumo macrumors newbie

wow! i did not know that iPhone is famous nowadays, i got mine from my cousin in japan, anyone knows how to change the os of it or in other words, how can i make it english!?