3G iPhone announcement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sassenach74, May 12, 2008.

1. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Sorry for making a new thread for this, but there are so many threads regarding the next iPhone, discussing different aspects of it that I didn't know which one to post this in.

Basically I wanted to ask those in the know (long time Apple customers etc) where exactly would Apple be likely to announce the new iPhone should it happen before WWDC?
    Would it be their website? This is assuming they didn't call a press conference or similar...

Any comments are appreciated.

2. mugwump macrumors regular

I believe all that is required of an official press release is that someone mentions it in passing on the way to the water cooler deep within the Apple campus, and within minutes it will be known from the redwood forest to the gulf stream waters.

3. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

haha true, seems somebody at Apple only has to fart and the whole world knows about it!

But seriously, what route would they most likely take if it was announced pre-WWDC?

4. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Exactly...which is probably why they won't release it before WWDC. With even the simple feature of 3G high in demand since day one of release, makes more sense to release or at least announce it at a big event.

5. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

So a lot of people are saying that it might be announced early, but nobody can say how/where it would get announced?

6. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Bingo. There are half a dozen other threads that could have told you that.

7. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

The only way I've seen it announced at not an event is just changing the front page and emailing everyone.

8. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Im not calling out numbers here...........
    Not once have I come across a thread where someone has made a suggestion as to where an announcement other than WWDC would take place

Ok let me ask another question....who would Apple announce to, if it is pre-WWDC, the general public? or developers?

9. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Nobody on this board knows any more than you do. Most people at Apple don't know any more than you do. There is so much wasted energy on these boards with all the "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet" posts.

10. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

WTF, why do people have to be so damn rude, I don't know the Apple way of doing things, I've only ever owned an ipod touch, I've asked a simple question because there are hundreds of MR users here that are saying they are expecting an early announcement. It isn't unjustified for me to be asking 'ok if it's going to be announced early, where is that likely to take place' I'm only bloody asking cos i'd like to know where to keep my flippin eye on.

BTW, where the hell in my posts have I asked anything remotely like 'are we there yet'? Answer:nowhere

11. lakerbob macrumors member

:) What he said.