3G iPhone answering question and charging question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Primejimbo, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

So I had my iPhone for just over a month and I like it a lot. My only thing I noticed is sometimes when someone calls me I have an option "accept" or "Decline" and sometimes I just get "slide to answer". Why is that? Is it something with the settings? I wish I can get the Accept and Decline all the time when someone calls.
    Also whats the best way to make the battery last long? So far i been draining the battery all the way and then charge it, is this the best way?

2. Almy macrumors 6502

Unless I'm mistaken the slide to answer only shows up when the phone is locked, same slide as the lock screen. Oh and I'm not a battery expert but iirc once you've drained it once you don't need to again, other than occasionally...like flushing memory.

3. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

The phone isn't locked though. I will get 1 call with the Accept and Decline and another call 5 mins later with the slide to answer.

4. bstpierre macrumors 6502

You're suppose to drain the battery about once a month.

5. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

Locked does not mean password-protected, it means the touchscreen is disabled. Whenever you touch the sleep/wake button you are locking the phone. By default, the iPhone automatically locks after 60 seconds of idle time, although this setting can be changed.

When the iPhone is locked, you "slide to answer".
    When the iPhone is unlocked, you will see "accept" and "decline".

If you want to decline a call while your iPhone is locked, you can tap the sleep/wake button once to silence the phone, or twice to send the call directly to voicemail.