3G iPhone AT&T charging an extra $10 per phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thiagos, Jul 6, 2008.

?

Are you happy with AT&T's price plans for the iPhone?

1. No, too expensive.

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Neutral

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. Yes, I think the prices are fair.

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. thiagos macrumors 6502

thiagos

I just called AT&T today to check if I was eligible to upgrade my phone to the 3G version and receive the discount. I was told that I do but for me to be advised that the prices are going up $10 per phone every month and on top of that I have to pay $18 per phone as an "upgrade fee".

So basically, since I need to buy 3 iPhones, I will be paying an extra $30 a month?

I love the iPhone but AT&T is killing me with their price plans. I already pay $90 alone on the 3 iphones for internet and texting plus $129 for my voice plan. I am spending $220 on my cellphone bill every month.
    When I had a blackberry, I'd spend $60 less, so if they raise their prices, I will be spending $90 more.

Is it just me or are there anyone else having issues with their AT&T prices?

2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

This has already been posted many times...

3. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

All i can say is that ATT is no Sprint price wise, but Sprint doesn't have the iPhone. I would be with sprint with the instinct i do really like it. and for 99 bucks for unlimited everything who could complain. I really dont like paying ATT as much as they charge but is is comparable to other companies like Verizon and Alltel. Tmobil sux coverage wise so there limited choices. Sorry bro but thats what I would do, get Sprint/ Instincts.