3G iPhone bill on o2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMoose, Aug 4, 2008.

1. iMoose macrumors newbie

I've had my iphone since sunday (£35/month), previous to that i was on a different (cheaper!) monthly contract and i've upgraded to the 3g iphone.. I've checked my bill online this morning, and it is at £87 for data/internet.. i was under the impression data/internet is FREE? i've not been out of the country, and i'm waiting to hear back from them.. just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem after checking their o2 bill online?

2. batface macrumors newbie

I upgraded to to the ihpone two weeks ago and have been checking my online bill and have unbilled charges appearing of around £60 for data so i think I'm in the same boat. Did you ever get an explanation from o2?

3. gkerr4 macrumors member

if you have been using data abroad then yes that could be true - it costs around £3/Mb for data in the Eu and £6/mb outside of EU - so if you were in Florida or something it wouldn't take long to ring up £50 of data usage - and no - international data roaming is not included in the £35/month tariff.

4. batface macrumors newbie

I don't think I've used it excessively. I'm at work most of the day but of course have done the usual quick browse on the net when I first got it, checked out the maps, downloaded my mail. No more than anyone else would do i don't think. I haven't abroad with my ihpone yet but am going away on Sat to Spain and thinking about leaving the phone here rather than risk anything. (not that I would use data but I do text home).

I didn't get a 3g sim card at the time of upgrade and only realised yesterday when someone else got one and showed me their new sim. Mine was only a 2G - they didn't check when I upgraded. Could that be to do with my excessive bill? I tried to explain this on the phone to o2 yesterday who were next to no help and asked me to ring back on the 23rd when my bill was raised even though they could not explain what period the unbilled data charges were for. It has to be for the period since I've had the iphone as my last phone before the upgrade was a Samsung D900 on which I NEVER used any data. This is making me quite grumpy as no-one at 02 can explain it to me. grrrrr.

5. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

If you look under General/Usage what does it say your data transfer is ?

What connection are you on 3g, Edge 'E' or GPRS '.'