3G iPhone Case - Vote Please!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dmk1974, Jan 24, 2009.

?

3G iPhone Case - Vote Please!

1. Agent18 EcoShield

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. InCase Slider Case

40 vote(s)
    48.8%
  3. InCase Protective Cover

5 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. Other

37 vote(s)
    45.1%
  1. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I'm upgrading my wife's phone from a 2G to a 3G (black 8 gig). She currently has an Agent18 EcoShield on it which has served her well. I also used to have an InCase Protector (the rubbery one) on my old 2G which I thought was fine and just a little tackier when removing from a jeans pocket.

Anyway, I've been reading these forums and I have a good idea what the winner in this poll is going to be. But I wanted to ask in a poll. Please keep in mind that this is for my wife who will not baby the phone as well as I do and will be typically propping it up in a minivan drink holder and letting two 5-year olds play with it once in a while to keep them tame.

Also, I have a BSE full body skin that I plan to at least apply to the screen (not sure about the back depending on the case selected).

Here are links to each the primary candidates.

http://www.agent18.com/productdetail/iphone-cases/iphone-3g/iphone-3g-ecoshield/89.aspx

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/slider-case-cl59055

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/protective-cover-cl59051

Please let me know what "other" case you recommend if you vote that choice. Thanks!

2. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

inCase protective cover, I used a similar case for my 1st Gen iPod touch, and it was a great case. Just make sure that you clean it (the inside) every once and a while, cause some dirt and dust gets trapped in there. I would also recommend using a screen protector along with it.

3. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Absolutely...as I stated, I plan to put a BSE skin on at least the screen as well.

4. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

5. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

C'mon now guys, if you vote other, PLEASE let me know what your recommendation is!

6. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

INCASE SLIDER I got mine in gunmetal check out my review if you still are on the fence. :D

7. JTrain23 macrumors member

JTrain23

I have been using the CapsuleRebel from SwitchEasy for about 4 months. No complaints here. It's tough, thin, and slides easily in and out of my pockets. Nothing feels as good as the 3G without a case, but this is pretty dayum good! It's pretty stylish looking too!

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.php?color=red

Check em out........

8. jparris1 macrumors regular

I really like the new Speck CandyShell. It has replaced my Switcheasy Rebel and Neo (which are also very good cases).

9. JTrain23 macrumors member

JTrain23

Is that the same thickness as the Rebel? Looks pretty cool.

10. Resist macrumors 68030

So what type of case is the OtterBox Defender considered?

11. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I think OtterBox is Extreme protection, it of course adds alot of bulk but they make them for people who really need that much protection like people who do extreme sports, hiking climbing, snowboarding... stuff like that. It's a good product but not for the average user in most cases, but hey some people love that much protection even if they don't really need it :D

12. Resist macrumors 68030

I know what the Defender case is, I have one. I was asking what category it is for the poll.

13. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

You should have been more specific and it's Obvious he stated specific names of 3 cases and the last option would be OTHER, that'd be you.

14. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

iFrogz Luxe is the best.
    Incase Slider is great too.

15. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

So I ran out at lunch time to my local Apple Store and got the black Incase Slider. Can't believe this thing is $35, but whatever. VERY nice fit on the phone and in hand. Looks great too. Seems pretty thin so hopefully it does it's job too.

One cosmetic question for those of you who also have this case. Does the molding gate vestige show up almost like a scuff at two specific locations on the exterior? One is right were the SIM card is (on the large piece) and the other is on the small piece on the left edge (when looking at the phone straight-on). I know it's just cosmetic, but kinda poor location espectially near the SIM card since it looks like a scrape/scuff out of the box.

16. tnisatard macrumors 6502

i really like the idea of the capsule rebel from switcheasy, it mixes the silicone (i think thats the material) with a hard plastic case to make the ultimate case, but it looks so ugly IMO

i voted for the incase slider, it makes my iphone looks nice, but if its only based on performance alone, id have to go with switcheasy, not saying the incase slider doesnt do its job tho

17. ndheah macrumors regular

Incase Slider all the way.
    Very protective, very sleek, and good looking.

18. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Another vote for the Incase Slider. Beautiful in white. Esp. on a black iPhone.

19. jparris1 macrumors regular

Its very close. The CandyShell works in the Universal Dock adapter supplied with the Rebel.

20. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

It does look beautiful on a black iPhone. It gives it this modern retro look, if that even makes sense.

21. claukd macrumors newbie

22. MrJT macrumors newbie

I'm a big fan of the white incase slider. My brown one is nice, but I like the way the gloss finish of the white sticks in my hand and slips in my pocket. I can also tell you with certainty that the slider will protect from falls of at least 6 feet onto pavement. It sacrificed itself for my iPhone.

I also really enjoy my speck candyshell (shipped super quick from wirelessrage). I wish they had made the cut for the headphone port just slightly larger though.

23. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Well, so far so good. The Slider on my wife's phone is very light and gives a nice grip. The BSE skin on the face and button also fit without issue.

24. nfl46 macrumors 603