3G iPhone eBay question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by instaxgirl, Apr 14, 2009.

1. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I've got a few questions about an iPhone on eBay at the moment which is a little strange. The seller says he got the iPhone amidst a batch of mobiles and that it was jailbroken but locked to o2. The phone then stopped working and a "phone shop" told him it would no longer work in the UK.

I'm going to email the seller for more details but my big question is, has the phone stopped getting signal because of some jailbreak issue (if so, I could probably restore it back to normal) or is it possible that the phone has been blocked or something because it was reported stolen? (I don't know what phone companies do about stolen phones)

I thought it was a little suspect because it doesn't come with a box, only a (new) 3rd party charger but at the same time the seller seems to sell a lot of Apple things/iPod speakers and has 100% feedback on 91 sales . . .

2. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Have you seen pictures of it?

Sounds a little fishy to me but then the sellers feedback sounds okay.

I would be a little skeptical of them not having the box or any accessories, as this seems like it very well may be a stolen iPhone and well hopefully you wouldn't want to purchase such an item.

How much is the seller charging?

3. instaxgirl thread starter macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

There are pics of it with the seller's username so it does exist. It's about £100 with an hour to go, so might work out cheaper than the typical £200+ for a 3G

The seller's saying he got it 2nd hand, but everything else he sells seems ok, which makes me doubt the stolen thing. My big question is really if UK phone companies could have blocked it for being stolen ('cause then I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole)

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5221326.stm

5. instaxgirl thread starter macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Thank you :) Looks like whoever buys this could get a nasty surprise