3G iPhone for Europe?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony8720, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Anthony8720 macrumors regular

It makes sense. Europeans are almost exclusively 3G, way farther ahead of us. If it happens, I will just have to re-buy the iphone, since i returned mine 2 months ago. I don't care if it gets half the battery life, i need fast data. Man, i am really hoping to have a reason to buy it again, and 3G would do just that. I think giving consumers the option of EDGE or 3G would really make apple all about choices, and that would be great. Thoughts?

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I can't imagine apple kicking iphone buyers in the nuts twice within a couple weeks with the price cut and 3G. I wouldn't be totally shocked but I just don't think 3G will be there.

3. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

3G at the cost of half the battery life........................I'd stick with EDGE as I wouldn't have enough power to last the day.

Now I could go to 75% the battery life. That should easily allow me to use it as I am and make it through a day.

4. sanford macrumors 65816

Sure it would be lovely. Not a chance. EDGE only for the UK/EU launch model.

5. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

It will be EDGE only initially. I suspect Apple will rollout a 3G version across all continents at the same time when it's developed though as the European market is more mature than the US. I can't see 3G being this year though despite what people are claiming. To launch the iPhone in Europe in November (as in available to buy) and then launch a 3G version in December 14th as some have claimed will be very bad news for Apple over here in the UK.