3G iPhone: June 9th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mykbibby, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Mykbibby macrumors 6502a

Mykbibby

2. iSkier macrumors regular

Sweet.

Man I can't wait, I am saving for an iPhone at the moment and I want to get the newest one. It's going to be awesome! :D

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I don't think it will be in July, i still think late June. That's about 2 weeks after WWDC.

4. Mykbibby thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mykbibby

They seem to like telling everyone "Two Weeks" and then delaying it a week after that...

5. newyorksole macrumors 68020

The anticipation is killing me, the apps, the software update, the new phone with 3G ughhhhh.

6. Mykbibby thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mykbibby

Amen... I wish we could get a 9to5 leak, like with the new iPod Nanos, just to tie us over...

7. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

I think Seth said that his "source" of that leak had dried up. I took it to mean he was fired.

8. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

I can't wait...

My Verizon contract is expired now, so whenever the new version comes out I'll be there!

(hopefully they'll offer a 32 GB model)

9. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha everyone,

I was talking with my wife tonight and showed her the picture of the alleged 2G iPhone. She then asked me if she could use my iPhone, assuming I get the new one, without having to pay the data plan. In other words, she really isn't too interested in using the data features - only the iPod and phone features - and would like to have the $20 monthly data charge only apply to my new phone.

My response is that as long as we have x iPhones, we'll have x accompanying monthly data charges. Is my understanding correct? If you stay with AT&T (and rollover minutes more than make up for any AT&T shortcomings), is there any way to avoid using the data plan, with the exception of actual phone calls.

Aside from that, or just getting her an iPod touch, do you think Apple will have some sort of exchange program? It would be nice if they would discount the cost of a 2G iPhone by, say, $50. What are you going to do with your 1G iPhone after you buy your 2G iPhone?

HawaiMacAddict

10. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I plan to sell my current iPhone to one of my coworkers. I know several people that want to buy an iPhone but don't want to cough up the $400 entry fee. I will be happy if I can get $150 for it.

11. Xpublius macrumors newbie

Same Here

I'm doing the same thing. I think $150 is a good price point for a used iPhone.

12. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

why dont you unlock the phone using Ziphone and get more. I've seen them go for close to 300+ on eBay for a unlocked 8g iPhone.

13. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I wish I knew when it will be released in Japan.

In the interim, I decided to purchase an iPod Touch (32GB). I am having fun using it, and now want an iPhone even more than before.

I've heard that there are negotiation issues concerning the iPhone release in Japan. Most think that it will be with DoCoMo. In fact, last evening I was out with a buddy, and he passed along some info that makes it pretty sure it will be DoCoMo.

Trying to patiently wait for the iPhone release in Japan.

14. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

15. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Add it to your iPod/iPhone collection...what else?!