3G iPhone Launch day sellout???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhonePlaya, Jun 24, 2008.

1. iPhonePlaya macrumors regular

so I stould in line a good 10 hours for the first gen iPhone and I really don't want to do it again. I was goin to just order the 3g on the online store but it doesnt look like there goin to do that this time around. I would like to have the new iPhone like a week after launch or maybe a couple days after launch, so the question is will I be able get my hands on the new phone at an apple store or AT&T store a couple days after launch or do u think they'll be sold out and I'll have to wait a month to get one???????

I live in st.louis, mo if that makes any difference and on the original launch day I heard stories of people going to the major apple store around 8:00 and still getting one, will the lower price make it harder for me to get one????

2. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

There isnt as much hype for this phone, so id say no.

3. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

Any word on how many units each at&t store is getting?

4. Surely Guest

Surely

Why are you on such a specific timeline? What will happen if you get it 2 weeks or, god forbid, 3 weeks after launch?

My advice: If you really need it so quickly, get it if you can in the first day or so. But don't sweat it. If there aren't any left, you can always get one after July 11th. It's not a limited release or anything.

Personally, I like to wait a couple/few weeks or so until I get a newly released piece of technology. That way, if there is anything wrong with it, it can be figured out and upgraded/fixed during the early-adoption period.

Thanks for beta-testing early-adopters!