3G Iphone MANY PROBLEMS...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applebesmart, Jul 24, 2008.

1. applebesmart macrumors newbie

Okay...here are the many problems I have with the 3G Iphone

1. Volumes are still too low....
    Put your Iphone on Speaker Phone...is that a joke or what. You can barely hear it. Earpiece volume....you know where you put your ear to listen...putting it on loud isn't loud enough..way too low. And the speaker on the bottom left of the iphone can be muffled to easily. Put it in your pocket it gets muffled so when the phone rings...too low.

2. Doesn't work with current Docks, car chargers, etc...
    Besides the 3G and the sofware update there really isn't anything new about the 3G iphone. So to change the docking unit on it was for only one reason, to sell new accessories. So if you have a $400 Bose docking station it wont work. Yeah, they are going to sell you adaptors....yes...sell you adaptors...

3. When is Apple going to get the Iphone and Itouch to keep the right time. The time syncs out with real time...not too good for a so called business phone.

4. Email Goes CRAZYYYY
    When you go to get new email the email sometimes goes crazy...the old emails seems to dissapper then it says loading emails and it gets all wacky...not too cool for business who want to open email just to get to any old email ... this is time consuming and that's a no no in the business world.

5. 3G speed and AT&T. Speed...what speed...and if you can find the 3G network...and AT&T, once you get use to a good carrier like Verizon you feel that you are taking steps down when using AT&T. Not a good network at all.

6, Apps....I know they just came out, but way too many problems with these apps....and for the business user there aren't many good aps out there. Young kids will deal with the issues because its a cool phone however the business world and business consumers don't have the patience or the time to deal with these issues.

7. Whats the Slooow Down
    When typing or doing some other activity on the Iphone it sometimes just slows down. You type and the type slowly begins to appear. How is it going to deal with stronger Apps?

In Closing....
    Apple Mobile Browser is incredible and the iphone is stylish however the issues I mentioned above need to be addressed quickly. Microsoft Mobile 6.1 has made great strides in catching up with the Iphones interface and already has many apps that work well with it. Important ones like Word, Excel, etc....

Many years ago Apple had the perfect operating system and software for everyday people but didn't allow others to make the hardware. Microsoft came by copied what Apple had and allowed the Dells, Compaqs, etc... to make the hardware. Over time they blew Apple out of the water. Here we are years later and Apple is making great money on the Iphone yet the Iphone has some obvious flaws. Same issue all over again. Great easy to use OS but the hardware and wireless support seems to be the issue. Making money now doesn't mean you will be making money in the future. They need to port their Mobile OS to others and allow the companies to make the hardware and they need to either get AT&T to fix up the network or just open up to other companies because history may repeat itself. Microsoft Mobile OS will come along and just as before just take it all away.

2. alFR macrumors 68020

Actually, this is nothing to do with the phone. Apple has been telling accessory manufacturers for a couple of years now that they were going to withdraw support for the firewire charging pinouts on the dock connector, so they should switch to using the USB pinout instead. Lots of them didn't bother, which has caused the current problems. Adaptors are coming though, apparently.

Hahahahahaha. I have a WM6 phone for work and the UI sucks really badly. It'll be a long time (if ever) before they catch up with the iPhone OS.

3. dc73pd macrumors newbie

Amazing!

I Dont Think This Guy Knows What He Is Talking About Or He Is Just An Apple Basher. Probably Works For Microsoft. I Have Had My 3g Iphone Since Day One And Not One Of The Problems He Lists Have I Encountered. It By Far And Away Destroys Any Windows Mobile Phone I Have Ever Owned And I Have Had A Bunch. This Guy Is Obviously A Apple Hater And Not Giving A True Review Of The Best Phone That I Have Ever Owned. Take This With The Grain Of Salt It Deserves.

4. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

no you have just bashed one of the best handsets in the world..
    dont compare AT&T to verizon ---- bitch please..
    and what about Windows Mobile? Doesnt stand a chance...

5. thaprofessor33 macrumors member

1. The volume seems mine to me and much better than the first gen. What do you want a sub and amp installed?

2. You state that besides the software update and 3g nothing is new. It is thinner and the big one is GPS. Every company has to make money to give us better products so they made us buy new docks. You don't need the dock so don't buy it.

3. My clock seems fine.

4. Email is fine for me. Exchange is great on the iPhone. Have you used it?

5. The 3g in my area gives me anywhere from 7-8 mb/sec which is good. If you don't have 3g in your area, buy a first gen phone. This is not a fault of the phone, but a fault of the carrier.

6. Apps will get better.

7. The phone does seem to lag from time to time.

6. walindour macrumors member

How deep are your pockets if the ringer volume is inaudible?

I agreed with a few of your comments but damn man, didn't you say you returned it in your last and only other post since 2002.

I'm not a fan of bold and your Many Problems smell a little like a Microsoft cubicle.

7. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

My only problem is the lack of turn by turn GPS. When that is released, it will be a blissful phone for me.

8. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Okay...here are the many problems I have with the 3G Iphone

1. Volumes are still too low....
    Put your Iphone on Speaker Phone...is that a joke or what. You can barely hear it. Earpiece volume....you know where you put your ear to listen...putting it on loud isn't loud enough..way too low. And the speaker on the bottom left of the iphone can be muffled to easily. Put it in your pocket it gets muffled so when the phone rings...too low.

I agree that the speaker can be muffled too easily, put my finger over it an no sound that’s because the speaker is recessed. But I think the sound volume is better than the original iPhone.

2. Doesn't work with current Docks, car chargers, etc...
    Besides the 3G and the sofware update there really isn't anything new about the 3G iphone. So to change the docking unit on it was for only one reason, to sell new accessories. So if you have a $400 Bose docking station it wont work. Yeah, they are going to sell you adaptors....yes...sell you adaptors...

I agree with you, I was annoyed that I had to buy a different dock, in fact I just got a universal dock and got the adaptors (kept one and sold the other 2 to friends for £2 each), if they change the shape again at least I can just get the adaptors.

3. When is Apple going to get the Iphone and Itouch to keep the right time. The time syncs out with real time...not too good for a so called business phone.

I’ve never noticed this, but if you say so..

4. Email Goes CRAZYYYY
    When you go to get new email the email sometimes goes crazy...the old emails seems to dissapper then it says loading emails and it gets all wacky...not too cool for business who want to open email just to get to any old email ... this is time consuming and that's a no no in the business world.

Never had issues with mail, works well for me.

5. 3G speed and AT&T. Speed...what speed...and if you can find the 3G network...and AT&T, once you get use to a good carrier like Verizon you feel that you are taking steps down when using AT&T. Not a good network at all.

In the UK it’s great, in Europe where 3G is almost everywhere it works well and the speed is great even though the battery life is a bit crap.

6, Apps....I know they just came out, but way too many problems with these apps....and for the business user there aren't many good aps out there. Young kids will deal with the issues because its a cool phone however the business world and business consumers don't have the patience or the time to deal with these issues.

I have had a lot crashing with apps.

7. Whats the Slooow Down
    When typing or doing some other activity on the Iphone it sometimes just slows down. You type and the type slowly begins to appear. How is it going to deal with stronger Apps?

Related to the above, if I have used the apps alot, I generally have to restart the device before using SMS, otherwise it’s unusable,

In Closing....
    Apple Mobile Browser is incredible and the iphone is stylish however the issues I mentioned above need to be addressed quickly. Microsoft Mobile 6.1 has made great strides in catching up with the Iphones interface and already has many apps that work well with it. Important ones like Word, Excel, etc....

Many years ago Apple had the perfect operating system and software for everyday people but didn't allow others to make the hardware. Microsoft came by copied what Apple had and allowed the Dells, Compaqs, etc... to make the hardware. Over time they blew Apple out of the water. Here we are years later and Apple is making great money on the Iphone yet the Iphone has some obvious flaws. Same issue all over again. Great easy to use OS but the hardware and wireless support seems to be the issue. Making money now doesn't mean you will be making money in the future. They need to port their Mobile OS to others and allow the companies to make the hardware and they need to either get AT&T to fix up the network or just open up to other companies because history may repeat itself. Microsoft Mobile OS will come along and just as before just take it all away.

I’ve used windows mobile 6.1 and don’t like it what’s the deal with a start menu! So if apple allowed other mobile phone makers to use the iPhone OS you wouldn’t have multitouch etc! Because have patented it. I personally think a PC and a Mobile phone can’t be compared like you just did.

9. off in the wood macrumors regular

wm6 is really bad imo. I had a samssung sch i-760. The phone was excellent, wm6..terible

maybe wm7? ehh who am I kidding. wm97 will be out and I will still complain about the ui

10. moabon.rob macrumors member

Bold text! Coloured text! All-capitalised text!

Quick! Someone put some text in a font size that is inappropriately huge, and then the first person to shout "House!" wins. :D

11. applebesmart thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not an Apple hater, I love em. But I don't want what happened to their Computers in the past to happen to their iphones. No one would have ever thought Microsoft would have taken a large chunk of digital press and animation away from Apple but it did. So don't think Microsoft isn't just drooling at the mouth waiting to let Apple do all the dirty work like it did before and just copy what Apple does and just make it available to everyone like it did in the past.