3G iPhone No Longer Turns On

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stangs55, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

So I saw that one of my apps had an update available yesterday, which I decided to install. While it gave me the install meter under the icon, I wondering how powerful the iPhone was and if it could (or would let me) play a game at the same time...so I powered up a game. About 2 minutes into it, my iphone locked up. So I held down home and the power button and it no longer turns on. I get to the Apple logo...but that's it...it sits there then just vibrates twice in a row...and then just sits...

I've turned in on/off multiple times now and even let it sit at that apple logo overnight thinking that it may be on when I returned this morning...now I'm stuck with a non-working cellphone and I've got to leave for work...

Any ideas?

2. spinstorm macrumors 65816

If it won't boot up and gets stuck on the Apple logo then all you can do is restore it using iTunes.

If you synced it up last time then everything will be put back on the phone when it has restored.

Plug your phone into iTunes and hold the home and power button until the apple logo appears and then keep holding home but let go of the power button and then iTunes well ask you to restore the phone.

You will probably have to download the restore file but iTunes will do it automatically.

Your problem is not uncommon and there is nothing wrong with your phone it was simply down to buggy software!