3G iPhone not Appearing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kornyboy, May 21, 2008.

1. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Just an "I wonder" scenario:

I wonder what would happen if the 3G iPhone is not released on June 9th at WWDC or if it is announced but not going to be available for 6 months, maybe by Mac World.

I know there would be a very negative response, but what would happen to the iPhone itself? Would it kill the product?

Any thoughts?

This is not based on any information whatsoever. I'm just posing a question for discussion.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

If that happened, Apple would lose a lot of supporters world wide, and it's stock would crash.

3. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

i guess i'd be going to ebay to buy back my iPhone.

It's the best phone i've had so far and i hate using this N95 (i sold my iPhone on ebay yesterday)

4. frosse macrumors 6502a

Why so early? :confused:

5. kornyboy thread starter macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

If it is not available on June 9th. What would be a good time frame between announcement and first sale?

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

That's why I posted this earlier:

"The only threat to the Apple iPhone is the Apple iPhone itself! (Sort of a take on Carl Von Clausewitz). If V2 doesn't live up to all the hype and rumors, then everyone sitting on the fence will end up searching elsewhere and the current iPhone owners will just resume life without upgrading."

I doubt Apple would hype a later release date. :cool:

7. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

the price of the iphone in the uk has exceeded £300 for an 8gb, thats $600 when it was only £169 a few weeks ago in shops

the price will drop as we get closer to WWDC as more people sell up

8. justanothernerd macrumors member

There's no way the iPhone won't be released for another 6 months. Apple isn't selling new phone anymore...assuming there aren't any major supply problems, I can't see the iPhone not being sold for more than a month.

9. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I'd dump my stock if this happened immediately.

10. davidlw macrumors 6502a

People may jump to the upcoming Blackberry Bold 9000. I know I would.