3g Iphone not for me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bazookafx3, May 12, 2008.

1. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

Okay while veiwing forums ive been notcing people saying that '3G isnt for everyone' or things like that, what exactly does that mean? Isnt it just faster internet that everyone could benifit from? If not please explain.

2. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

Since no one on here knows what the new phone will look like or what features it may or may not have.. I'd say that answering you question would not be possilble until after the launch of the phone.

3. nick9191 macrumors 68040

3G is not available in many areas, including the majority of the US.

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Some people don't need the higher data speeds since they spend most of their time near Wi-Fi hotspots, or they only use the phone for email. I for one don't need it a 3G phone right now, as most of my use is near WiFi, and when it is not, it still blows my friends Sprint phone away.

Also, many people are confused, thinking that the 3G phone won't work on the EDGE network, which is untrue, it will work, just like the current iPhone works on the old GPRS network.

TEG

5. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Alright well my blackjack II seems to always have 3g and im almost never near a Wi-Fi hot spot so im guessing a 3g Iphone be good for me (is there really any doubt at this point of a 3g iphone?)