3G iphone on verizon

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iamjoe16, Jul 12, 2008.

1. iamjoe16 macrumors newbie

is there a way to get the 3G Iphone to work on verizon.. i cant stand at&t

2. msmaron macrumors member

OH how i wish there was too!!!

3. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

No. CDMA vs GSM. Won't happen.

4. Farani macrumors 6502

Nope. T-Mobile is the only network in the US you can use (besides AT&T). I've heard a possible 3G 30-city or so roll out in October. Just rumor though.

5. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

I have to admit, I've been a diehard Verizon fan for years. I switched from Cingular to Verizon and never looked back. I lined up yesterday for the iPhone, and have to admit, AT&T has made a lot of improvements to their network here recently. I'm not disappointed, but my city also just got 3G, so we may have more/better towers than you have in your area.

6. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

(I think you meant to say 'from Verizon to Cingular')

Same here! I've been on Vz since 1992, and no carrier covers the hills of S. California better, but since I've switched to AT&T last year for the launch of the first iPhone, the service has done nothing but improved. I was a little bummed at first, and dropped calls in areas where I wouldn't with Vz, but over the course of the last year the dead spots were fewer and fewer.

Overall I hate to admit that I'm very pleased with AT&T.

Besides, no matter what phone Vz releases, it won't have the Apps and developers behind it like the iPhone. (I'm still mad at Vz for turning it down in the first place) Jobs was genius on the Apps. They add a whole lot of value to the platform.