3G iphone or 2.5G iphone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jinjac, Jun 27, 2008.

1. jinjac macrumors newbie

hello i wondering which one is better?
    i hard new verison of iphone case made by hard case 0.o
    and 3g iphone will be smaller than old verison isnt it?

2. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

:confused:

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

well, obviously the new one is better on paper. other things depend on personal opinion

what??

again, what???

www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

1) There is no such thing as a 2.5g iPhone.
    2) The new phone, dubbed the 3g iPhone (or 2nd gen) is slightly thicker than the first gen iPhone.
    3) The rest of your post makes little to no sense.

5. alFR macrumors 68020

Actually, there is: EDGE is commonly referred to as 2.5G.

Maybe English isn't his first language? :rolleyes:

6. philgilder macrumors 68000

as alFR said

maybe not, but this isn't the only forum available, there is probably one in every single (major) language in the world

7. nima macrumors member

nima

im curious. will the 3g iphone also have 2g or edge? im thinking of getting the old iphone because data is only 20$ a month and 3g iphone is 30$ with no text but if theres a way i can get like edge on the 3g iphone then i will but it says on the iphone tech specs on apple.com that 3g talk time is 5hrs and 2g talk time is 10hrs does this mean that if its on 2g its 10 or if it was on 3g its 5 or does it mean that the new one is 3g with only 5hrs and the old one is 10hrs.

im verry confused

8. JonboyDC macrumors regular

If the new phone is on 3G, talk time will be 5 hours. If it is in a place where 3G is not available and it has to revert to EDGE, or if you turn off the 3G and thereby cause it to use EDGE, talk time will be 10 hours. Because 3G causes such a hit on battery life, they give you the option to turn it off.

(And talk time on the old phones will be whatever it has always been -- nothing Apple is about to release is going to improve the battery performance of the existing phones.)

9. alFR macrumors 68020

There is some debate over whether 3G will actually be more battery-efficient for data than EDGE because the faster speeds mean the radio has to transmit for less time to download the same data. I think we'll need to wait and see what the real-world figures are.

Not necessarily: it's quite common for new 'phone firmwares to improve battery life through power-management improvements.