3G iPhone Reception in Tucson Area

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by healthyfatboy, May 26, 2009.

1. healthyfatboy macrumors member

For any of you with an iPhone in the Tucson area, how is the reception there? I worked out there for an internship for the summer two years ago and my wife and I had a horrible time with our AT&T phones on the southeast and northwest side of town. I will most likely be moving out there when I graduate and wanted to get an iPhone when the new one comes out but if the reception is still bad, I want to know before I spend the money on the phone. Has it gotten any better?

2. ArtursBoy macrumors member

It has gotten better, but not to the point of "never dropping a call". I used to live on the Northwest side of Tucson, and while reception improved over the last couple years, it's nowhere near perfect. I still visit Tucson from time to time, and I dont have any major problems with reception anymore, but then again, I usually dont spend more than a few days at a time.

I would also point out that alot of my family members have Verizon, and they seem to have the same "problem areas" that I do.

3. PhxBlue macrumors regular

PhxBlue

Every time I went to Tucson last and year and this year I have had good reception.

4. healthyfatboy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks to those that have responded. Glad to hear it sounds like it's a little better now. Hopefully some more people will chime in.
    It was quite frustrating when we would be calling family and would have to stand in a certain part of the house or be facing a certain direction, or would have to be on speakerphone to get the right signal. It's probably better than that now.