3G iPhone Shipping Date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bpa1093, Apr 4, 2008.

1. bpa1093 macrumors member

Can we all post our opinions on how much time we think will pass from the time it's announced to the time it ships? Will it take a few months to ship (like last time) or do you think it'll be available immediately?

2. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

18 Days.

Here's my theory.

Steve will introduce the new iPhone at the WWDC keynote on June 9th 2008. Based on the overwhelming number of SDK downloads, the iPhone will be a huge part of WWDC this year and will be the focus of the keynote. Apple will invite members of the media to the keynote, they've always been welcome to attend. Expect this media invitation around May when Apple confirms that Steve Jobs will be giving the WWDC keynote.

Why would Apple announce a new iPhone at WWDC? Well, why would Apple keep the home screen of Apple.com as the iPhone Software Roadmap for the last 30 days? I mean, how many people does the SDK really apply to? The official release of the SDK at WWDC will be a huge deal for Apple, along with a new iPhone and unannounced features. So far all we've seen in 2.0 is the key changes for enterprise. Everything else that will be announced at WWDC are applications and those don't need to be in the beta firmware.

Steve will announce that the new iPhone and the firmware will be available June 27th.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I doubt this thread will have any better answers than the million other threads about this very topic... :rolleyes:

4. chrisparr macrumors regular

I suppose the OP did use a question mark at the end of the title, therefore hinting that there is no new news here (which is more than some people do), but I still wish threads like this would start with "When do you think......." Then it's clear they contain no new info.

C