3g iphone slow Edge and 3G speeds

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swy05, Aug 18, 2008.

1. swy05 macrumors 6502

I've used various speedtest sites: testmyiphone.com, i.dslr.net and my speeds have been consistently slow.

My edge speeds have been consistently 50kbps - 60kbps. Once out of every 10 times I'll hit the average speed about 130kbps.

My 3G speeds have been 350-400kbps. Sometimes when testing out the 3G speeds, the sites won't even load at all and time out.

More than half the time, when I browse to sites like moviefone.com, fandango.com, the sites won't even load up and it'll time out.

I'm in NYC downtown if that matters. I've also tested it out in northern NJ as well. The Edge and 3G speeds should be phenomenol here.

My last 3g iphone had phenomenal speeds but, had to return it due to dust forming underneath the screen.

Perhaps, the radio portion of my phone is defective?

I'm really reaching the limits of my patience with this phone.

2. bhimpele macrumors member

I work in lower manhattan as well, and live in northern NJ. I could not agree more with you. The reception that I am receiving is absolutely horrible. It shouldnt take 2.5 minutes to load ESPN's mobile site....on 3G!!!!

If you are considering the iPhone in NY/NJ and plan on using the internet, please wait till these issues are fixed.....if ever