3G iPhone - Supply and Demand

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rtmadden, Jun 26, 2008.

1. rtmadden macrumors regular

With rumors circulating that Apple has increased the number of 3G iPhones ordered this year, how do you expect 3G Friday to pan out? Will most stores sell out? Will those who don't line up for the initial launch have a tough time getting their gadget greedy hands on the hype? Will the original iPhone launch be put to shame? Post your thoughts here.

2. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I think that stores will sell out. Believe it or not, but ALOT of people are waiting for this iPhone 3G. There are sooo many people that have waited for 3G so that they can upgrade and then there are others that just want it and people that just like Apple products.

There will be lines. Even though there is only buzz about it on these gadget websites, there are alot of people waiting for July 11.

As long as I can snag a 16GB iPhone 3G I'll be happy.

3. wako macrumors 65816

i think it will sellout the first week, and some places like AT&T stores will sellout on the first day. However I think supply will meet demand. I doubt it will be anything like the shortages of the console wars

4. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I think more casual observers are aware than many think, though they are not obsessing on plastic backs, nor did they expect two cameras. All these people will need is a reminder as the date approaches that the phone is released on that day.

I agree, there will be lines.

Some of the huge demand will be business people who have historically been forced by their company to use crappy blackberrys and may now have convinced the IT dept to support the iPhone now that they can. They will rush to get the iPhone and ditch the silly little scroll wheeled device.

5. frosse macrumors 6502a

Demand will exceed supply by far in most markets.

6. tritonj macrumors 6502a

plenty to go around, a store here or there may sell out because they get more people for the day, but will have stock the next morning, another store across town will probably have them in stock t hough, there will not be cases where whole regions or cities will be sold out.

7. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I'm wondering when Apple will start a big advertising push for this. So far, I have yet to see the 3G iPhone commercial play on TV. I'm hoping we see more than one too!