3G iPhone talk.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Machorror, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Machorror macrumors newbie

Machorror

post your thought on the 3G iPhone. I think the 3G iPhone will come with a video camera application. That is what i hope for. I hope it is announced at the WWDC. I also am positive that the 3G iPhone will have a contacts search bar because in the 3rd beta of the apple SDK there was a contacts search here is pic.

Attached Files:

2. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

It's going to make me happy holding it in my hand.

3. moloukhya macrumors regular

Does anyone think that Apple will change the casing enough to redesign the headphone jack? I know a lot of people were complaining about the recessed jack not working with existing headphones.

4. CreativeMac macrumors newbie

CreativeMac

Yeah, I think there's a strong possibility that that will happen. There's definitely going to be a redesign for sure. 2 more months! :D

5. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I wonder why they put the jack on up to begin with..

6. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Every current iPhone will have that, it has nothing to do with 3G. It'll be in the firmware update.

And to the person who thinks there's "definitely" going to be a redesign, I wouldn't bank on it. I guess anything is possible, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

7. Machorror thread starter macrumors newbie

Machorror

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I say there is an 80% we see a video recording feature (with a 5MP camera) and we can upload directly to youtube from our iPhones.

Now tell me, how cool is that...

9. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

My thoughts on the 3G iPhone:

- Pretty much the same. Slightly different look. Nothing major.
    - 3G and GPS
    - Better camera. Possibly with flash.
    - More memory

That's about it. Most of the iPhone's great stuff comes from software and the multi-touch interface. The software for both models will be the same, as Apple wants to develop OSX as a true mobile platform.

We'll see 3G (duh), and GPS (2.0 firmware includes live location tracking in maps, which is pretty poor without GPS). The better camera will be added because 3G and GPS are great, but don't complete a hardware upgrade.

More memory will be added to support more simultaneous page views in Safari as well as to accommodate games better on the platform.

I also think we'll see new contract prices announced. 3G iPhones are going to be a bit more expensive per month (maybe $5 to $10). This is due to the volume of network traffic coming from iPhone users in particular. I think AT&T will try to manage the traffic by dividing iPhone users (and hence traffic) between the 3G and EDGE networks.

And I think there will be a few more features in iPhone OS 2.0 that will be announced. We've seen new features trickle in to the developer updates, but I think quite a few more changes are planned for v2.0 final.

Oh, and we won't see video conferencing. No camera behind the screen or whatever has been floating around.