3G Iphone, what we have been waiting for?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by barryallott, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barryallott macrumors member

Ok lets put it down in black and white.!

What does the new 3G iphone have over the V1 iPhone that people are willing to splash out for?

3G
    GPS
    Better battery?

Thats it.

So lets discuss. 3G, the amazing 3G, this wonder full super fast network that will be 3 times faster! Ok, well if you live in a city then your on!, you should have 3G coverage as long as you dont leave the city. If your in the country then NOT A CHANCE!!!!!!!. Plus if you live in a town that has coverage then there is no guarantee that your phone will be able to get a 3G signal all of the time. Ok lets suppose you have 3g access, what are you going to use it for?

Faster browsing, well if someone paid you for every time you saved 12 seconds loading up a webpage then we would all be rich!! woo hoo. Apart from that is has no real usage, even downloading from the Itunes store will make you use a wifi connection. Ok people are going to say youtube, and yes it will play a clip faster but if you need to sit on a train!!!!!(!?!?!? 3G has massive probs on trains! they go to far), err bus and watch silly youtube clips of the crazy frog bros or something then Apple has taken your petty life and swapped it with something that is borderline as bad as being a wow addict.

GPS. ok I like the sound of GPS, ok well what will we use it for?
    Driving directions I hear you say!!! NOPE. it is in the terms of the iPhone sdk that you are not allowed to use the gps for driving directions, THANKS APPLE! it was reported that TOMTOM had started to create a GPS applicaiton but had to abandon after apple released the terms and conditions. And no one can create a secret one as APPLE makes sure ALL APPS need to go through their iTunes store and must be checked by APPLE. bad times. So what can we use GPS for? well what about checking out local pizza places on the google maps, well the V1 can do that with its own location technology. hmmmm, geotag a picture maybe, again this can be done by the v1 iphone! ok it will be out by like 1km but I'm sure its not going to send anyone off a cliff looking for where you took a picture.

Better battery, well its about time!

I like the iPhone and love using it but what they have brought out is iPhone 1.5 and not 2.0 lets be honest, and world+dog is scrambling to get it, well I hope you all have the cash, because I don't, I just bought a house and actually need to run a car and eat food etc....

2. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

This is perfect. Don't buy it. The less people buy it the more there is for me. Please, by all means, don't buy it.

3. barryallott thread starter macrumors member

obviously not either moaning about PAYG or where my 17th e-mail confirmation from 02 is, is not exciting enough for you. Pity is looking down on you now!

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

There is so many thread about this that I've lost count. We definitively don't need another...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.